Confirmed with Link: Perron is Gone

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I thought they were letting him go because the cost and term would be much higher. Their offer back in Feb. must have been somewhat less than 4 m 4 years and then they sign Ryan Reaves for 2.775 M per year. It doesn't make sense to me . Maybe there's more behind the scenes.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
So, how will the 2nd line look now?
Tuch, Stastny, Haula?
Haula, Stastny, Tatar?
Considering Perron's disappearance in the post season, either one doesn't look half bad!
During the RS, I loved Perron. Had him on my fantasy team!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Tuch, Stastny, Haula?
Haula, Stastny, Tatar?
Considering Perron's disappearance in the post season, either one doesn't look half bad!
It's a shame he got injured and wasn't the same when he returned. I think the real deal, scuse the pun, is that his and Neal's term asks don't fit with Vegas 5 year plan.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Heard something on the radio today.

Perron has played for six teams, but has only ever signed a contract with St. Louis.
The guy loves that town, I guess.
No regrets on how VGK handled him, though. How he should have been performing in the playoffs was worth more than the second-rounder/prospect he would have returned at the trade deadline. Good regular season guy. Not a disruption like he was in Edmonton. Happy trails.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Tuch, Stastny, Haula?
Haula, Stastny, Tatar?

I think your first prediction will be the 2nd line we'll be seeing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it's weird that he seemed so all in on the "Golden Misfits" idea early in the season, he the best year of his career in Vegas and runs back to the team that exposed him.

Whatever. He pulled a Houdini when it mattered most. Feel bad for anyone who got a Perron jersey.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think it's weird that he seemed so all in on the "Golden Misfits" idea early in the season, he the best year of his career in Vegas and runs back to the team that exposed him.

Whatever. He pulled a Houdini when it mattered most. Feel bad for anyone who got a Perron jersey.
He’s a good leader in the room, but I think him ghosting the playoffs may have had some extra levels of stuff outside of the lingering injuries. Hence his departure.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Tuch, Stastny, Haula?
Haula,
Stastny, Tatar?

This isn't going to help anything, but I don't see that Haula and Tuch/Tatar on the same line would work (none of them really want to backpedal). I would give thumps up to Stastny-Carpenter-XYZ.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
This isn't going to help anything, but I don't see that Haula and Tuch/Tatar on the same line would work (none of them really want to backpedal). I would give thumps up to Stastny-Carpenter-XYZ.

Only Glass will take 2C in the future from Stazz if he develops properly. Haula is not enough of a playmaker and needs to improve his 2 way game and faceoffs to continue being a center. Top 6 spots has one too many guys and that's good. Someone is due to be injured in the top 6 from time to time and it'll be easy to move a man up into the vacant spot. The 3rd line needs more punch offensively too and still needs one more winger. Eakin and whoever gets dropped to the 3rd line still needs one more scoring or 2 way forward. Depth scoring was awful in the playoffs and could use a boost. I think the team might fill that 3rd line depth with Bobby Ryan who still would be an upgrade on Carpenter. But maybe Nosek could fill that role too.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I just dont get it either. Has a career year, is all smiles whenever there is an interview this year, ineffective in the playoffs but so what (it's unfair to crucify him for one bad playoff year when he was coming back from injury).

The biggest thing is, why would his leave his best friend Marchy though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
9n1nu.jpg

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I knew he wasn’t coming back when we played in St. Louis and I watched him give a tour of the town to a reporter from Vegas. He still bled blue; you could just tell, loved the players, loved the city.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I knew he wasn’t coming back when we played in St. Louis and I watched him give a tour of the town to a reporter from Vegas. He still bled blue; you could just tell, loved the players, loved the city.

I hope STASTNY doesn't dream of going back, since we really need him, and STATSNY-wise he is a much better player than Perron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->