Injury Report: Perreault (likely) done for the season

jetkarma*

I don't mean either.

I'd like to use that first on a non-rental that will help immediately.

Only for fair value. Which isn't likely IMO. Push past the loss and make the shifts anyway and keep the asset , don't trade for less than full value.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
We aren't allowed to call up Ehlers or Petan anyway.

It would have to be on an emergency basis, essentially all our NHL and AHL forwards would need to be hurt.

Yeah, Sorry, I meant to say once their seasons are finished.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
This team is not going far in the playoffs even if everyone is healthy. Sure they could win a few games and maybe 1 round if all went perfectly. Chevy would be crazy to mortgage our future for short term fixes. It has been a good season and the team plays well under adverse conditions. I think we should ride it out and give the boys in St Johns a chance to show their stuff. Yeah, I know lots of others want to go for it. Hopefully Chevy doesn't.

I don't know. I don't think they win the cup or anything, but I fee l like the Jets could make some noise in the playoffs, maybe winning a round or two. A lot of the penalties they keep taking aren't called in the playoffs, and they just feel like a team built for playoff hockey...

So no, don't mortgage the future, but don't be afraid to make a move for this year either.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
"at least 2 rounds" is a bit agressive, but "early April" allows for a playoff round or two.

Early April is also when the NHL season ends, we are not going to throw a player straight out of junior into the NHL playoffs, and Perrault will likely be back sometime in April.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
So hoping no forwards would go down and keeping 9 defense men for a good chunk of the season is good management? Didn't say he didn't make some nice moves, but he clearly dropped the ball on this.

All he did was kick the can down the road.
Why does it matter if you carry 9 or 8 when everyone is healthy.
Come game time tomorrow we will have our call up.
If we waived Pardy and carried Klinger as our 13th forward and he sat in the pressbox instead of a Dman does that change our situation?

We don't lose any additional leverage because we are placing someone on IR. If we needed to move a dman to make room for a call up I would understand your gripe.

Explain to me how our desperation level changes depending on if Klingberg from the rock or the pressbox?

jetkarma*

So hoping no forwards would go down and keeping 9 defense men for a good chunk of the season is good management? Didn't say he didn't make some nice moves, but he clearly dropped the ball on this.

You termed him a moron. [mod] He did not drop the ball , we have the luxury of having a top 6 forward that can move seamlessly from D to W. We have players on the rock that can fill in.

There is zero validity to your statement. None.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
If we waived Pardy and carried Klinger as our 13th forward and he sat in the pressbox instead of a Dman does that change our situation?

We don't lose any additional leverage because we are placing someone on IR. If we needed to move a dman to make room for a call up I would understand your gripe.

Explain to me how our desperation level changes depending on if Klingberg from the rock or the pressbox?

To add to this, I would rather have our FWD's down in St Johns playing games and developing instead of sitting cold in the pressbox.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011

You termed him a moron. [mod] He did not drop the ball , we have the luxury of having a top 6 forward that can move seamlessly from D to W. We have players on the rock that can fill in.

There is zero validity to your statement. None.

And you believe so strongly in that patchwork job that if we make it into playoffs, we'll be fine with that? Circumstances led to us having so many blue liners, but continuing to have that many sit game in game out is [silly].

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
And you believe so strongly in that patchwork job that if we make it into playoffs, we'll be fine with that? Circumstances led to us having so many blue liners, but continuing to have that many sit game in game out is [silly]

And in no way did you address my point.

How does where Klingberg come from change anything?

What about our situation is different if for the last 3 months Pardy was on the Rock and Klingberg was in the pressbox?

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
[mod]

And in no way did you address my point.

How does where Klingberg come from change anything?

What about our situation is different if for the last 3 months Pardy was on the Rock and Klingberg was in the pressbox?

That situation I would be fine with as he would've gotten a few games over Peluso guaranteed and be there for team practices. Getting him acclimated with the team is a much better option, IMO, than sitting that many extra d men.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
That situation I would be fine with as he would've gotten a few games over Peluso guaranteed and be there for team practices.

But you made a big stink about how other teams could leverage us because we carried 9 dmen. Explain to me how?

I do not understand your line of reasoning. You called Chevy a moron, but for the life of me I do not understand the difference it makes if we carried and extra forward or an extra d-man.

I'm not asking you to explain relativity, I'm asking you to explain why you said that other teams could leverage us because we carried 9 blueliners.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If D Buff doesn't get some sort of MVP award this year it'll be a crime. Seriously...we'd be utterly ****ed without him.

Holy man this is so true. We really would be. Like Tom said earlier, Buff has been impressive not only on the ice but also with how willing he is just to see the team do well. You can tell he, and the only Jets, have 100% faith in PMo.

It really blows about Perreault but I am not overly worried. The Jets play an extremely efficient system, the same one the play on the Rock. Anyone coming up will just be told simplify your game and do what you are good at. That is exactly what Chariot did and he excelled. I honestly expect the same from Kilnger. He'll do fine...in fact, I think he might be a pleasant call up actually.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
But you made a big stink about how other teams could leverage us because we carried 9 dmen. Explain to me how?

I do not understand your line of reasoning. You called Chevy a moron, but for the life of me I do not understand the difference it makes if we carried and extra forward or an extra d-man.

I'm not asking you to explain relativity, I'm asking you to explain why you said that other teams could leverage us because we carried 9 blueliners.

Has it been some sort of secret we're still looking for a serviceable top9/bottom6? With trade deadline looming, losing Perreault and still fighting to maintain a playoff spot, you don't think another GM isn't going to take advantage of that? There was absolutely no need to have sat that many d mean for that long.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Has it been some sort of secret we're still looking for a serviceable top9/bottom6? With trade deadline looming, losing Perreault and still fighting to maintain a playoff spot, you don't think another GM isn't going to take advantage of that? There was absolutely no need to have sat that many d mean for that long.

Again, I don't understand why carrying 9 defenceman is an issue.

There are two options I see;
1) Send a dman down to the rock/waive one, and call up a forward or;
2) trade a dman for help at forward.

When I look at option 1, I don't see how that changes anything.

When I look at option two, two things come to mind.
First, we did that last week. We traded an injured forward and a defenceman for a healthy forward and a defenceman.
Second, I'm not sure what value you think Pardy, Postma or Harrison has. If you are saying we should of traded one of those players for help up front, I would submit that neither one of those players brings back anyone that would crack our roster. Unless you want to add picks, which in that case is no longer just moving one of our surplus defenders.

I still fail to see why Chevy is a moron.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
As long as we get Drew back ASAP we will be okay if we have NO other injuries up front.....sucks to lose Buff on D but Meyers and Troubs can play 25 min each.....

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Again, I don't understand why carrying 9 defenceman is an issue.

There are two options I see;
1) Send a dman down to the rock/waive one, and call up a forward or;
2) trade a dman for help at forward.

When I look at option 1, I don't see how that changes anything.

When I look at option two, two things come to mind.
First, we did that last week. We traded an injured forward and a defenceman for a healthy forward and a defenceman.
Second, I'm not sure what value you think Pardy, Postma or Harrison has. If you are saying we should of traded one of those players for help up front, I would submit that neither one of those players brings back anyone that would crack our roster. Unless you want to add picks, which in that case is no longer just moving one of our surplus defenders.

I still fail to see why Chevy is a moron.

I already said why. Would rather have had that forward up here and gotten a few games in and also practice with the team and attend the meetings. Do I need to keep repeating this?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I already said why. Would rather have had that forward up here and gotten a few games in and also practice with the team and attend the meetings. Do I need to keep repeating this?

You said other teams would leverage us...
I believe you said can you say over paaaaayment.

You're moving the goalposts.

Its okay, I'll chalk your post up to frustration with Perrault going down.
Clearly we disagree that Chevy will be leveraged or have to over pay on account of us carrying 9 blueliners.
We would also likely disagree in the merits of having a player like Klingberg sitting in the pressbox v. playing on the rock

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
You said other teams would leverage us...
I believe you said can you say over paaaaayment.

I'm not sure why you keep making me repeat questions I've already answered with my opinion.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not sure why you keep making me repeat questions I've already answered with my opinion.

But in no way does it matter if we carried 8 or 9 defenceman.

A GM would take advantage of that no matter what.

Your initial post called Chevy a moron for carrying 9 defenceman, and stated we would have to overpay. I STILL do not understand how carrying 8 defenceman changes anything.

I was simply trying to understand how the amount of defenceman we carried would change what the asking price.

However, I'm done chasing your tail.
If you can outline this I'll be happy, if not I'm over it.

How does the number of dman the Jets carried up to this point change the asking price other GM's will have now that Perrault is hurt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad