News Article: Perfect Ast GM for Habs now avaiable

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
not sure he will take an assistant GM job ... maybe consultant and if this happen it will be with Toronto

in Montreal you can call him what you want.....it doesn't matter, all your looking for is his knowledge and to help steer the boat. Yeah he could be titled ast GM but actually be the real GM if ya know what im saying....Bergy still be there to talk to media etc and work with Lou

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Lou is staying on as a senior advisor in Toronto.

yeah i see that, but just wondering like anything else if Habs asked for permission now that he is no longer GM etc....

Would Lou consider ast GM in Montreal with full power vs advisory role in TO ? I dunno....maybe not ....maybe he would..

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Bloke is more dinosaur than t-rex, but of course miles better GM compared to teflonBergy. Not happening though.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
yeah i see that, but just wondering like anything else if Habs asked for permission etc....

Would Lou consider ast GM in Montreal with full power vs advisory role in TO ?

There's no such thing as an assistant GM with full power.

And Lou's 75. This was apparently always the plan between him and Shanahan.

Plus Montreal needs to get oriented to the modern NHL (like hire Dubas, Pridham and Metcalf types) more than they need a guy like Lou.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
There's no such thing as an assistant GM with full power.

And Lou's 75. This was apparently always the plan between him and Shanahan.

Plus Montreal needs to get oriented to the modern NHL (like hire Dubas, Pridham and Metcalf types) more than they need a guy like Lou.
I aint talking Lou for the next 5 years...Im talking for next 2 ,if Bergevin gets fired...etc atleast we got a guy there in the background to keep things stable and not turn into a total chaos..

Anyways, likely won't happen i know...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I aint talking Lou for the next 5 years...Im talking for next 2 ,if Bergevin gets fired...etc atleast we got a guy there to keep things stable and not turn into a total chaos..

I'm not talking about the next 5 years either. And why is Lou making a lateral move to go to a worse team? Especially if its to a position that requires more travel?

Let alone the fact that Lou isn't going to keep things stable in a market like Montreal, he needs to speak French to do that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What has LL done for the Leafs? He signs Marleau to a 3 year deal which might hurt them in signing Doughty and trades a 2nd for Pleky where they lose in the 1st round.

Curious... what good moves has Lou done for the Leafs?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
What has LL done for the Leafs? He signs Marleau to a 3 year deal which might hurt them in signing Doughty and trades a 2nd for Pleky where they lose in the 1st round.

Curious... what good moves has Lou done for the Leafs?

Are you telling me Rick Dudley with Bergevin is better than Lou Lam and Bergevin???

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don’t think Lou staying on as an advisor has been confirmed. Shanahan has stated that that was always the plan. It’s not exactly his style.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don’t think Lounstating in as an advisor has been confirmed. Shanahan has stated that that was always the plan. It’s not exactly his style.

I'm wondering the same, if someone was to come along and offer him a bigger role elsewhere , would he take it..or is he gung ho to stay in TO in the background ...

Hire Lou, and if ya gotta fire Berg mid season because Habs are tanking again,then do it .you're in safe hands ...and then bring in Bresbois..

Bresbois ,and Lou sticks around with him for 1-2 more years and off he goes...

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
No, not telling you that. I'm asking about Lou. What has he done for the Leafs? What are his good moves and how has he made the Leafs better?
His greatest value to any franchise is the fact that he's got incriminating photos of Gary Bettman. I can't think of any other explanation as to how he was able to play by his own set of rules all those years while the other 29 or 30 teams had to play by another set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->