Perfect 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
He was rated a perfect 10? How did he fall into the 4th round?

Maybe I'm just confused as to what a CSB rating means...

Ogopogo*

arrbez said:
He was rated a perfect 10? How did he fall into the 4th round?

Maybe I'm just confused as to what a CSB rating means...

I have never heard of a 'perfect 10' rating. Maybe he was rated #10?

Ogopogo*

mattihp said:
I AM talking about Jere Lehtinen. On one of my hockey cards it says that he was rated a perfect ten by CSB

Cambodian Snake Breeders?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I am guessing that the perfect 10 was reflective of his defensive abilities. To determine their rankings, CSB (now Central Scouting Service) ranks players on a scale of 1-10 in six different skill areas - skating, shooting, passing, defensive awareness and a couple others.

If Lehtinen was a perfect 10 in all areas, CSB would have had him No. 1 among Europeans, and he would have gone a lot higher than the fourth round in the weak 1992 draft.

Many prospects each year score a perfect 10 in at least one area. Joe Thornton, I believe, scored a perfect 10 in two or three skill areas (passing was one of them) when he went No. 1 overall in 1997.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
God Bless Canada said:
If Lehtinen was a perfect 10 in all areas, CSB would have had him No. 1 among Europeans, and he would have gone a lot higher than the fourth round in the weak 1992 draft.
I'd guess if anything it would've been Jere's playmaking which had him a perfect 10. His defensive awareness didn't really kick in before the season after he was drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->