Perezhogin vs. Suglobov

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
PepNCheese said:
Of course, now that Suglobov is Leaf property, he has to be trashed in endless "vs." threads. :shakehead

p.s....what the hell has Perezhogin ever done, exactly??

Where was Suglobov ever trashed?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
PepNCheese said:
Of course, now that Suglobov is Leaf property, he has to be trashed in endless "vs." threads. :shakehead

p.s....what the hell has Perezhogin ever done, exactly??

He was one of Russia's top players for the gold medal U-20 team.
He was one of the few 19 year olds to play for the Senior National team
He was one of the top rookie scorers in the AHL
He was one of the top scorers in the RSL last year

Now he's got 7 goals in 50 games with the Habs

It's been a disappointing season of sorts for him but hopefully he wil turn it around at some point.

As for Suglobov I don't see any trashing him.

Transported Upstater

Garbs said:
Wasn't it Perezhogin versus Steen not too long ago? I guess we didn't like the results.

LOL!!!!

Perez v.s. Steen is pure pwnage.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
I know Montreal fans are tired of hearing this, but that little puke Perzhogin shouldn't even be allowed to play hockey anymore. So the comparison for Perezhogin should always be him, and any other stick swinging idiot who has ever played the game. People have made such a big deal of what Bertuzzi and McSorly did, and virtually nothing has been said about this kid. What Jeff Kugel did wasn't even comparable, and because he was of lesser talant, he no longer plays. Perezhogin got his free pass, lets hope for Montreal fans, he doesn't waste it, because 15 pts in 55 games, is nothing to write home about. Steen Vs Perezhogin, Zherdev Vs. Perezhogin? Give me a break.

The Mailman*

suglobov is 1/3rd of the Lokomotive overhyped/undervalued trio

Vorobiev - hyped, but now considered a bust. Will likely break out again and prove everyone wrong.

Grebeshkov - Hyped, then called a bust by LA fans. Change of scenery made him worth the hype again.

Suglobov - Hyped....then dismissed due to his age, and like the others, a change of scenery will allow him to break out now

The Mailman*

eddiedaeagle20 said:
I know Montreal fans are tired of hearing this, but that little puke Perzhogin shouldn't even be allowed to play hockey anymore. So the comparison for Perezhogin should always be him, and any other stick swinging idiot who has ever played the game. People have made such a big deal of what Bertuzzi and McSorly did, and virtually nothing has been said about this kid. What Jeff Kugel did wasn't even comparable, and because he was of lesser talant, he no longer plays. Perezhogin got his free pass, lets hope for Montreal fans, he doesn't waste it, because 15 pts in 55 games, is nothing to write home about. Steen Vs Perezhogin, Zherdev Vs. Perezhogin? Give me a break.

I completely agree. What Perezhogin did was beyond what McSourley or Bertuzzi did. I have no respect for this punk.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
montreal said:
I don't know what the obession with Perezhogin is lately. The kid is highly skilled and has been a standout player at every level but the NHL.

I wouldn't call Perezhogin a "standout" at every level other then the NHL.

He's got 23 goals in 88 AHL games. That's not standout material.

Suglobov's got 25 goals in 55 AHL games this year alone and I might not even refer to him as a standout.

Perezhogin was a first round pick so people will give him the benefit of the doubt. But this comparison isn't far off I don't think.

KariyaIsGod*

The Mailman said:
I completely agree. What Perezhogin did was beyond what McSourley or Bertuzzi did. I have no respect for this punk.

Except for the fact that the guy Alex hit tried to hit him in the head with his stick first.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Perezhogin hit the other guy with his stick because he tried to kill him first. I would have done the same thing...

As for his potential, i'd say he's overrated by most Canadiens fans. With that said, i'm a big Habs fan myself. I think that both Perezhogin and Kostitsyn won't have what it takes to become good nhl players. In the first case, Perezhogin is a unidimensional offensive player, who lacks top end talent. As for Kostitsyn, he's as the abilities (great shot, hands and speed), but he has absolutely no hockey sense...

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
417 TO MTL said:
Where was Suglobov ever trashed?

You didn't read Habsaku's post?

There's one like that, or usually more than one, in any Leaf player/prospect vs. ___________ thread.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Please, please, please can we stop with the stuff about the thing with Stafford? That was ages ago, and both players have put it behind them. Getting into that now will just ruin this thread, as it has so many others in the past.

As for the Perezhogin vs Steen debate, that just seems like an odd comparison to me. Perezhogin is more of a silky-smooth offensive player, while Steen is solid in both ends, isn't he? It would make more sense to compare him to plekanec or Higgins to me, while Perezhogin you could compare to Wellwood or Suglobov, I suppose. Personaly, I try to avoid comparing habs and leafs prospects, because that never ends in a hapy place.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Squeaky said:
Please, please, please can we stop with the stuff about the thing with Stafford? That was ages ago, and both players have put it behind them. Getting into that now will just ruin this thread, as it has so many others in the past.

As for the Perezhogin vs Steen debate, that just seems like an odd comparison to me. Perezhogin is more of a silky-smooth offensive player, while Steen is solid in both ends, isn't he? It would make more sense to compare him to plekanec or Higgins to me, while Perezhogin you could compare to Wellwood or Suglobov, I suppose. Personaly, I try to avoid comparing habs and leafs prospects, because that never ends in a hapy place.

I agree that Seteen is far better then Perezhogin but at the begining of the year it was pretty close.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Squeaky said:
. . . I try to avoid comparing habs and leafs prospects, because that never ends in a hapy place.
This is the best advice in this thread, imo. :)

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I haven't seen Perezhogin play that much, but I have seen Suggy play for 3 years, and I am beginning to think a lot of you are starting to really overrate him. He doesn't really have first line potential, and the most I can see him at is a good second liner. He was my favorite player and he is very good, but he doesn't have great mental make up (he takes stupid penalties, holds onto the puck too long, stickhandles himself out the play, often floats around aimlessly, etc.) and he isn't good defensively. I'm not completely sold onto how his offensive success in the AHL will translate into the NHL, either.

Perezhogin is a unidimensional offensive player, who lacks top end talent.

Sounds an awful lot like Suglobov. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad