Percent of Total Goals as Shorthanded

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
I don't know what the minimum would be for career goals but this is going to be tough to beat -- defenseman Gerry Odrowski, 309 career NHL games with 12 goals... SEVEN of them shorthanded! Over half his goals on the penalty kill, as a defenseman no less!

c78cad9713404bffd18cf9fb577c2cbb.jpg

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
dave reid once had a fairly insane 8 SHG in 15 goals, but that’s not even close to odrowski

frans nielsen once also broke 50%, with 7 out of 13

edit: oop these are single season totals, not career

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
That is an insane stat, but I'm more interested in the uniform Odrowski is wearing! Can't recall seeing that before- nhluniforms.com is my usual go-to and it has no record of those being worn with the Seals word mark over the logo.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
12 career goals? 7 of them shorthanded meh.

Instead consider the percentage of players who played much longer and at least scored more than 12 career NHL goals!!!

Dirk Graham had a 10+ year NHL career, Selke winner, .... only once scored 25+ goals yet... Graham is top 10 in shorthanded career goals with 35 of his 219 goals.

Doug Reid is his chief contender with only 165 goals in a 961-game career (over 1000+ games easily if you include playoffs and his Stanley Cups in different cities), yet Reid had 28 career SHGs including a league-leading 8 of his 18 goals as a Leaf in the season ending in 1991.

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
That is an insane stat, but I'm more interested in the uniform Odrowski is wearing! Can't recall seeing that before- nhluniforms.com is my usual go-to and it has no record of those being worn with the Seals word mark over the logo.

It was the pre-season jersey for their inaugural season, scrapped for the regular season. Minnesota also had a different logo in pre-season that was changed before play began in 1967 - the serif on the upper left hand corner of the N is pointing down in the pre-season design. The Seals actually wore the white WHL San Francisco Seals jerseys in pre-season. The green one was a proposed design but the name was removed by the time the season started. Here's both in action...

1967_North_Stars_Pre-season_vs._Seals-1_large.jpg

1967_North_Stars_Pre-season_vs._Seals_large.jpg

Last edited:

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
^ That's an outstanding find! That could double in the "dude what are you doing in that uniform" or "great photos you've never seen before" threads.

Reactions: SealsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->