Series Talk: PENS vs Montreal Canadiens Round 1 (Best Of Five) - Episode II: On a peur, très peur!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Eh. Over JJ maybe but then you lost a little bit of size. I’d kind of run it dependent on the team we are playing.

Pettersson rarely uses his size. JJ uses his size only when he's running into our f***ing goalies or throwing a random big hit, Schultz, like Pettersson, is big but doesn't use their size like that at all. Schultz & Petts are passive players when it comes to aggression, it's comical seeing either of them trying to fight or be aggressive, it's like your kid brother trying to fight you so you pretend like that little golf ball size fist just hurt you like a Mike Tyson upper cut. JJ I will give credit to, he is a physical-ish player, but he's also one of the most dumb players I have ever witnessed watching play, he doesn't pick the right times to be aggressive and at times, has put the team in a bad spot when he did try to be aggressive.

Riikola isn't as big as either of those guys (6' isn't small either) but he loves to use every bit of his size often.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pettersson rarely uses his size. JJ uses his size only when he's running into our f***ing goalies or throwing a random big hit, Schultz, like Pettersson, is big but doesn't use their size like that at all. Schultz & Petts are passive players when it comes to aggression, it's comical seeing either of them trying to fight or be aggressive, it's like your kid brother trying to fight you so you pretend like that little golf ball size fist just hurt you like a Mike Tyson upper cut. JJ I will give credit to, he is a physical-ish player, but he's also one of the most dumb players I have ever witnessed watching play, he doesn't pick the right times to be aggressive and at times, has put the team in a bad spot when he did try to be aggressive.

Riikola isn't as big as either of those guys (6' isn't small either) but he loves to use every bit of his size often.

Are you advocating for playing Riikola over Pettersson in the playoffs?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
he’s worse than Simon? I don’t think so....
Simon's shot is wild (dude is like a weaker shooting McCann, he aims high and either misses the net completely or he tries to go shop shelf), ZAR's is a muffin.

ZAR is good at deflecting pucks and Simon is a solid puck support player.

There, I followed up negatives with positives.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
who is PKing?

Especially in the crazy circumstance in which Letang might take a penalty (dumb or otherwise). Sully would rather put Geno on the PK than Cough Drop, I would guess. And Schultz is not particularly effective there.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If ZAR isn't the most important player on that line, it would be nice for Blueger/Tanev to actually prove it next time he's out.

Also, since apparently this isn't as obvious as I thought, playing against a higher level of competition doesn't automatically make a dude a better player. But it does mean that when judging two guys with very different QoCs, it should be remembered one guy's playing on hard mode and the other is on novice.

I say this less to dump on Riikola, and more to point out the comparisons between him and Petterson are pretty unequal and unfair. I'd still be pretty tempted to play him and Ruh over JJ and Schultz though.

Reactions: Khelandros

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Especially in the crazy circumstance in which Letang might take a penalty (dumb or otherwise). Sully would rather put Geno on the PK than Cough Drop, I would guess. And Schultz is not particularly effective there.
Yeah you're right, we need Jack Johnson, the guy that allows the 2nd most powerplay goals against when he's on the ice on the PK, after Letang.

f*** it right?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Apparently Dumo, Letang, Marino, Pettersson, and even Riiko are not capable of penalty killing?

That lone pylon, JJ is!?

I think it is is more the fact of why task Letang with major PKing when JJ is good at it.

Do you trust a PK unit of Dumoulin, Marino, and Pettersson being the major minute holders? I don't.

For reference you are basically asking Pettersson to play a minute more per game on the PK if you remove JJ while also simultaneously saying Pettersson sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad