Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jackets: Ending regular season with a win

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
McGinn wanted to keep Crosby tied with Guentzel for the team lead in points - hence the missed EMPTY NET attempt - what a way to show loyalty to the captain :D

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
DeSmith great. Malkin great, and L2 by far our best. Petterson with a big night. Boyle coming up big ES.

PK bad, also when CBJ didn't score. PP absolutely disgusting (Letang especially).

L1 showed clearly all the reasons it shouldn't be, even with Guentzel individually playing very well.
Carter's line OK, but hard to overcome how bad Kapanen is these days. Hope we play whoever is hotter from WBS. Just a liability out there.

Thought the defenders were all largely OK ES. When we were under pressure it was usually due to lack of work from the forwards.

Gotta play a lot better against the Rangers. Gotta switch Rakell and Rust again, because Rakell does better defensively and the line just looks better, while Geno and Rakell don't seem to gel very much, even if the line was very good today.

Either way.... can't say they did anything to dispel the worries most have. But I still do think we have a better shot at Rangers than Florida, so there's that. Maybe have Kapanen harakiri himself with a run at Shesterkin after like 2 minutes of game 1 and then replace him with Zohorna, DOC or something. Of course I would never advocate such a thing.... eh.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fun enough game, best part was the second half of the second period, hopefully nobody died.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Season went by pretty quick with such a condensed schedule late season. Hopefully the team from December shows up in the playoffs.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The coach needs to let off the reigns a bit with his dmen offensively. They can do some damage as Petts showed tonight. This team isn’t going to win a Stanley Cup this year if it tries plays tepid, mistake-free hockey. Go for broke or go home. Probably go home either way, but at least make it fun.

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The coach needs to let off the reigns a bit with his dmen offensively. They can do some damage as Petts showed tonight. This team isn’t going to win a Stanley Cup this year if it tries plays tepid, mistake-free hockey. Go for broke or go home. Probably go home either way, but at least make it fun.
What? You think Sullivan is reigning in our D-men. That's completely nuts to me.
If anything he lets them go too much, at least in certain games against certain opponents with certain lethal stars on the other side, and the reason our D-men don't activate even more than they do is that they're justifiably worried that no forward will circle back to cover for them unless Blueger is on the ice.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
What? You think Sullivan is reigning in our D-men. That's completely nuts to me.
If anything he lets them go too much, at least in certain games against certain opponents with certain lethal stars on the other side, and the reason our D-men don't activate even more than they do is that they're justifiably worried that no forward will circle back to cover for them unless Blueger is on the ice.
I’m not talking about darting for 50/50 pucks along the walls at the blueline. That’s almost always a bad decision.

I’m talking about activating dmen from their own zone and letting them do their thing if there’s an opening to do so. It’s a riskier game, but it’s a game this team is much better built to play.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad