Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I’m thinking another Albatross contract! Haha
Precisely.
giphy.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The hot hand should be a 6th man. I wanted to see Eller out there. Especially when our PP sucks ass, which appears to be the blueprint for our 6 on 5. No man in front, is what I see 6 on 5.

Things don't always go as planned in hockey. The practice 6 could be injured, ineffective or penalized. Or like today, there could be a red hot player than could use a few extra mins. Plus, a yanked goalie can now span upwards of 3 minutes. It doesn't have to be a static 6.

Damn nice to FINALLY not see Pierre slurping Crosby's ass every f***ing sunday

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The hot hand should be a 6th man. I wanted to see Eller out there. Especially when our PP sucks ass, which appears to be the blueprint for our 6 on 5. No man in front, is what I see 6 on 5.

Things don't always go as planned in hockey. The practice 6 could be injured, ineffective or penalized. Or like today, there could be a red hot player than could use a few extra mins. Plus, a yanked goalie can now span upwards of 3 minutes. It doesn't have to be a static 6.

Damn nice to FINALLY not see Pierre slurping Crosby's ass every ****ing sunday

I am not going to argue all of this. We would be at it til next week. The Caps don't use a screener for a reason. He wears 8

Reactions: Hockey4Lyfe

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It was my sister in law's birthday and I saw some of the game on replay. I missed this stick thing. Crosby pulls Oshie's stick away and blamed Oshie?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
About time there's a game with a little bit of intensity and nastiness. Nice to see Wilson start wrecking dudes again.

Pens play a solid system and Murray saved their bacon today.

Samsonov did a nice job of settling in after two stinkers in the 1st.

Fire Forsythe into the sun. Just zero adjustments or creativity on zone entries and it's killing them.

Eller was fantastic.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
About time there's a game with a little bit of intensity and nastiness. Nice to see Wilson start wrecking dudes again.

Pens play a solid system and Murray saved their bacon today.

Samsonov did a nice job of settling in after two stinkers in the 1st.

Fire Forsythe into the sun. Just zero adjustments or creativity on zone entries and it's killing them.

Eller was fantastic.
Sorry to say that, yeah, Forsythe's long rope is pretty well exhausted at this point. At this point you want to see him just try something entirely different, but he's stubbornly held to the 1-3-1 despite all the evidence that it's run its course.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sorry to say that, yeah, Forsythe's long rope is pretty well exhausted at this point. At this point you want to see him just try something entirely different, but he's stubbornly held to the 1-3-1 despite all the evidence that it's run its course.

First of all the Caps aren't going to be firing coaches. No chance they go in for actual distruption. As for the power play itself, I am open to ideas but the actual options are fairly limited. I saw that they inverted the set up today. Backstrom on the left wing and Ov on the right.

My read is that if you take Ovechkin out of his shooting spot and stop working the pp for Ovechkin to shoot his one timer, you have already lost. You have abandoned your best weapon.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pens fans really think we are super salty over this, I’ve personally never been so pleased with a loss against the pens. Murray was just on today

I thought the first two goals against Samsonov were weak. They lost right there. As is their identity they don't give up.

Reactions: max21

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Pens fans really think we are super salty over this, I’ve personally never been so pleased with a loss against the pens. Murray was just on today
Today and the loss @Boston are probably the happiest I’ve been after a Caps loss. In both games they were the better team at even strength and I liked the physicality and energy they brought. Neither of these teams would be able to handle the physicality of the Caps over a 7 game series.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
First of all the Caps aren't going to be firing coaches. No chance they go in for actual distruption. As for the power play itself, I am open to ideas but the actual options are fairly limited. I saw that they inverted the set up today. Backstrom on the left wing and Ov on the right.

My read is that if you take Ovechkin out of his shooting spot and stop working the pp for Ovechkin to shoot his one timer, you have already lost. You have abandoned your best weapon.

This is what worries me as well. They are making major changes when they should just be making minor ones. I think Kuzy needs to stay on PP1 and drop Backstrom to PP2.
Ovie will always have a higher chance of scoring from his office than he will anywhere else - so leave him there. He's not the problem. I don't think Carlson and Oshie are the problems.
I think the entry is terrible - usually when they are able to get setup the PP looks reasonable / same as it always has. But every failed entry is about 30 seconds of wasted PP time and it seems to happen twice every time they have a PP.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Great 3rd pd. finally Caps got into things
1st 10 min.s of game were good then Caps dropped 75 IQ points and give-a-shit meter went down thru rest of 1st and all of 2nd pd., giveaways galore, couldn't win a puck battle, missing wide open nets, UGH.
Even without Eller's goals he was beast-mode all game, the ideal 3C
PK came through pretty good too (enough gawddammm practice at it)
Oh well, woulda/coulda/shoulda had 4 or 5 goals and at least OT out of this one

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

I actually thought the Montreal game without him was the best our PP a looked in ages so not sure about that. Would be interesting to but him in the Wilson/Oshie spot for a little to see how teams adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->