Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Holtbyism's laptop - 12:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Not arguing the Jensen piece — at all — but the Caps won their only Cup when their bottom 6 outplayed the other teams bottom 6’s. So YES, Leipsic is an issue.

I want an upgrade. Like, NOW
I don't mind that trade if they address the defense first. Jensen first, then whatever...they can go upgrade a top-6 F group for all I care

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Going to be fun next year when Leipsic is processed, Hagelin moves down to the 4th line and McMichael slots in at LW on the third line.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I attempt to watch all games with a certain objectivity and so when I hit the Pens GDT and see a ton of complaints about how "dirty" the Caps are I really do have to think, am I missing something?

I don't see anything but physical play, is that what they mean? I saw Letang horsecollar tackle down a Caps player at the end, I saw Crosby grab Oshie's stick from the bench (good catch by the ref), I see Hornqvist conveniently "land" hard on a goalie every game a few times. That stuff seems dirty to me, not squaring up to a guy then hitting him. :dunno:

Anyway maybe I am just more old school and new fans don't like hitting anymore or maybe I am just being naive and the Caps are a dirty team.

p.s. Maybe Ovechkin is on steroids. :laugh:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I attempt to watch all games with a certain objectivity and so when I hit the Pens GDT and see a ton of complaints about how "dirty" the Caps are I really do have to think, am I missing something?

I don't see anything but physical play, is that what they mean? I saw Letang horsecollar tackle down a Caps player at the end, I saw Crosby grab Oshie's stick from the bench (good catch by the ref), I see Hornqvist conveniently "land" hard on a goalie every game a few times. That stuff seems dirty to me, not squaring up to a guy then hitting him. :dunno:

Anyway maybe I am just more old school and new fans don't like hitting anymore or maybe I am just being naive and the Caps are a dirty team.

Or maybe most fans are super biased and dumb in general so who cares?

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014

Pens fans never see this sort of stuff, conveniently. They are about the most snidey nasty, dirty little move here and there teams around

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t care about the Pens fans. They see what they want to see. We all do.

That said — I DO find it funny how all of the sudden — we are now in their heads. They for years claimed we weren’t rivals. And maybe we weren’t. But we sure as F are now.

we need Ovy/Sid playoffs #5. It’s our turn again. We just need to ensure we get there and don’t lose to some schmed team like Carolina before hand

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The caps don’t play dirty, obviously Wilson has some dirty hits over his head especially on ZAR 2 years ago. Penguin fans especially hate the Capitals now since Ovi passed Mario. We play physical and tough, they don’t like it. I’m glad we have 3 more games against them

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Jun 15, 2007
Really happy for Nicky on a personal level but on a team level that 5x9.2m contract is going to be a hindrance.

Reactions: IvanMalison

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Typical Pens/Caps:

2 deflected cheesy goals for Pens? Check

2 hit posts AND 2 missed open nets for Caps? Check

and Caps lose by 1.

won’t even get into the refs. Not relevant.

I hope they win Metro, and we start on the road. Nothing about this game tells me we won’t beat them again in the Loffs.

lap it up Pens

Don´t forget that the Pens 2nd goal was preceded by a pretty obvious icing. So.....the stars weren´t aligned today i guess....

Reactions: Ridley Simon

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018

Only thing I saw in the game from the Caps that was in the dirty category was the Eller hit on Hornqvist.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Obviously, the Caps have a significant advantage physically.

So, of course it is going to be the party line from the Pens and their fans that the Caps are dirty, cheap shot artists, etc.

Prepare for it to be ramped up to 11, for the playoffs, should they meet.

Reactions: Bananas

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm conflicted on the decision to not have 20 out at the end. That 6 on 5 unit has been highly effective this season, so it's not a terrible idea to try it again, but yeah, Eller played awesome all game.

The Caps have a 6 on 5 unit. They practice it like they do the other special teams. Eller isn't on the unit. He doesn't practice it. I don't understand why this is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad