Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 5: Camme toé

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Is there a Dman from the past he reminds you of? I want to say maybe Phil Housley Idk if you'd agree with that...or if you are old enough to remember Housley

Marino is already better in his own zone than Housley could have ever dreamed of. Both were/are great skaters though.

Reactions: Hungamania and KIRK

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I don't think Housley is a great comparison, because Marino isn't there offensively and I'm not sure Phil Housley was ever as good defensively as Marino is right now.

I've seen a few Larry Murphy comparisons. A few Paul Martin with grit comparisons.

Whatever one you choose, the kid has ******* ice running through his veins. You can't teach that, but you Martin and Gonchar can and, because Marino is a willing student, will teach him the things it will take to be an impact #1 defenseman in this league for a decade.

I can see the pre injury Devils era Paul Mart in him, he's a great skater, solid 2-way play, he'll put up points here and there, he'll catch your eye with his first pass, speed, and smarts and all that jazz, just will never put up "all star" or "video game points", he's not that kind of player.

Reactions: KIRK and Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would love to see the team from December show up in this POs...the only worrying thing from this exhibition game is that we really need to be on our details more and hopefully that comes soon...like next game...well, that and the PP...

I really don’t understand why Recchi hasn’t been fired yet....it’s embarrassing that he’s still employed...he must have photos of someone...

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
So let me guess, all the fan bois and mark writers tomorrow will resume "The Habs will win this series because they have Carey Price and Sid and Geno are old despite Price was born a week after Crosby so what does that make him, got swept by the Islanders", and they just lost to the Flyers in a meaningless pickup game. Purple monkey dishwasher.

This sound about right?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Didn't mind the Blueger line. They were working hard and created a few chances here and there. That McCann line needs to get it together and specifically McCann. Feel bad cuz they guy worked all summer to be a LW and he's thrown into that C role.
FLA tried that many times over and it didn't work out.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wouldn't sound the alarm... yet. I'm willing to accept players going through the motions after an extended pause. I think this is what the exhibition games are for. However, they better be ready to play on Saturday.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I keep thinking the light is going to come on for McCann. Such a sweet shot. Looks like I'm wrong on this as well.
He's young enough where you think he'll turn the corner (as you suggested). Until he does however, I feel a bit of anxiety surrounding his overall game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
McCann's not a playmaker. He's a shooter.
Why he never worked out at C for FLA.

I will say this about the game going on right now. PHI's trap is much better than MTL's with better D behind it. And of course better F's with PHI too.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->