GDT: Pens vs Flames 2000EST: Kipper jersey retirement night

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
At this point there’s nothing to keep Reirden around. The PP stinks and the blueline stinks. I suspect it’s not entirely on him but we can’t give Letang a brain transplant so he’s gotta go. Leave him in Calgary. Tear up his passport.
I still have no clue why they rehired that sentient sack of monkey shit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Seeing the reactions here and on other sites makes me so happy I stopped watching this team months ago :laugh:

Just from watching the scores, seeing a 4-3 loss is like "damn, it sucks they lost but that's a close game". Watching this team blow a 3-1 lead with like 10 minutes left in the 3rd due to their own stupidity? Yeah, I get why people are pissed.

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
1000005088.jpg

Reactions: Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Seeing the reactions here and on other sites makes me so happy I stopped watching this team months ago :laugh:

Just from watching the scores, seeing a 4-3 loss is like "damn, it sucks they lost but that's a close game". Watching this team blow a 3-1 lead with like 10 minutes left in the 3rd due to their own stupidity? Yeah, I get why people are pissed.
Best I can muster is like 5 games before I watch Pens again.

Time to tank
SJ agrees.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
At this point there’s nothing to keep Reirden around. The PP stinks and the blueline stinks. I suspect it’s not entirely on him but we can’t give Letang a brain transplant so he’s gotta go. Leave him in Calgary. Tear up his passport.
All joking aside, if there is a offer out there for him, and he’s willing to waive, just do it. Some idiotic team would probably pay a kings ransom a la Duncan Keith a few years back

Forget about legend status or whatever. The guy has brain farts and shitty moments like this every other game. I’m tired of it. If we want “aCcOuNTaBiLiTy” or whatever this fossil of a coach preaches, then 58 is long past his sell by date here.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I tuned in for the LOLs and they didn't disappoint one bit.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
There is not a compelling reason to NOT blow this team up, except if you're counting on Sidney Crosby's existence to drive corporate sponsorship revenue 3-4 years down the line. Purely looking at it from a hockey perspective, this group is done competing. Crosby, Malkin, and Letang can play on Stanley Cup contending teams, but it won't be together here. It will be as supporting characters in other situations.

F**** Mike Sullivan as well.

Reactions: Hell Yeah!!!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There is not a compelling reason to NOT blow this team up, except if you're counting on Sidney Crosby's existence to drive corporate sponsorship revenue 3-4 years down the line. Purely looking at it from a hockey perspective, this group is done competing. Crosby, Malkin, and Letang can play on Stanley Cup contending teams, but it won't be together here. It will be as supporting characters in other situations.

F**** Mike Sullivan as well.

It's cool that they've clearly spelled out the action we need to take this year.

I'm wondering how far they dig this deadline.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Dubas needs to ask Kris if he want a to go to Montreal or some shit. I’ve had enough of him here. I’d take a guy like Pesce over him any day of the week.
Dubas doesn't even have the balls to approach Rust, you want him to approach Letang? lol

The only core guy that shouldn't be going anywhere is 87, everyone else can go! Hockey is a business

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I am just mad that will never have a chance to see how would this team done last few years without this coach
This is the rub. This team could have had a chance at a cinderella story, but we'll never know because they were too scared or too arrogant to do anything that could have made a difference.

Reactions: Gurglesons

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Tanger apparently said they have to learn from these mistakes. Ok he has never been the sharpest tool in a shed, but the cult leader brainwashed these guys so bad that they really believe all this shit, that’s why they needed an intervention 5 years ago. Wrong way of playing, wrong players favoritezed, all while spewing garbage while underachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad