Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps for the 80th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
lol. This board is insufferable.

Such a microcosm of the joke that is PIT sports fans.

"Greatest sports fans in the country" yeah f***ing right. The fair-weather fan comments we get from other fanbases are 100% true.

PIT has been down multiple defensemen all year. We're competitive. Jarry is looking good. Malkin looked alive. Letang has been way better. This team had a ton of overturn. We are 5 - 2 in our last 7.
This is an utterly ridiculous reaction to my post. I complimented the team taking 3 of 4 from the Isles, while saying we didn't necessarily deserve them. That's factual. I felt that way after we won them and feel the same way now, which is the opposite of "fair-weather".

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ohhhhhhh noooooOooooooooo!!!!!!

Little secret I’ll let you on.

Most years your team isn’t going to win the championship. Sports should be about enjoying the process.

Pens have been entertaining this year most games. That’s all you can ask for.
I wouldn't say they've been entertaining though. I'd say they've been pretty blah. There's a decided difference between being ''entertaining'' as opposed to being ''competitive''. I agree with the latter, not necessarily the former.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

"Greatest sports fans in the country" yeah f***ing right. The fair-weather fan comments we get from other fanbases are 100% true.

PIT has been down multiple defensemen all year. We're competitive. Jarry is looking good. Malkin looked alive. Letang has been way better. This team had a ton of overturn. We are 5 - 2 in our last 7.

Stop impulse-posting insults then making shadow edits later.

That said, you are right. Pittsburgh fans aren't that good and not that different than other towns. People who claim otherwise are silly. Once the Pens start being bad again the town will grow indifferent.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wouldn't say they've been entertaining though. I'd say they've been pretty blah. There's a decided difference between being ''entertaining'' as opposed to being ''competitive''. I agree with the latter, not necessarily the former.

They are competitive. Our young players are playing well. The hockey in the East is a dredge given the teams, but I'd say after Boston we are the most exciting team to watch.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
We weren't awful this game by any means. But what I think I am noticing is that with the way Sid and Geno have played all season, Neither of them can fill a 1c role anymore, both of them play a very good-to decent 2nd line center but no longer a 1st line center.

I'm hoping Sid can elevate his play further in the season but the way he is playing at the moment is that of a good 2c

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Is being competitive the sole objective here? If it is, they're achieving that objective thus far. But I'm not entertained most nights. I'm hoping that'll change but I don't suspect it will. I might actually willingly miss games for the first time in quite some time. If you know me that's a pretty big statement. In my little corner of the world it is anyhow.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Is being competitive the sole objective here? If it is, they're achieving that objective thus far. But I'm not entertained most nights. I'm hoping that'll change but I don't suspect it will. I might actually willingly miss games for the first time in quite some time. If you know me that's a pretty big statement. In my little corner of the world it is anyhow.

Quite some time? I thought you only missed 1 game in the last 30 years or something?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Because they outshot us 35-18 and controlled territory the entire game? We scored on our only PP and turtled, with Jarry playing out of his mind.

You shouldn't have to ask me that if you watched the game.

Using raw stats like shots is a pointless effort in today's league.

If being outshot means you should be lucky to win the game, Washington has been lucky to be a contender since 2018.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
lol. Never called someone a joke. Called the board a joke because you guys just love to sit around and be miserable after losses. Been that way since 2009.

You aren't always a ray of positivity either, pix. This feels like "when I'm feeling positive, others aren't allowed to feel negative."

For the record I think the Pens played pretty well tonight all things considered and it sucks that they lost on a major hockey pet peeve. It isn't even just Letang. 80% of the players in the league would do what he did there and they would all be wrong.

Reactions: TNT87

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Using raw stats like shots is a pointless effort in today's league.

If being outshot means you should be lucky to win the game, Washington has been lucky to be a contender since 2018.
You won't find another soul on this board who feels we weren't thoroughly outplayed in that game. Think you need to re-watch it. Even Sullivan admitted they got away with one.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They are competitive. Our young players are playing well. The hockey in the East is a dredge given the teams, but I'd say after Boston we are the most exciting team to watch.
That in and of itself isn't saying much. This division is largely compromised of boring, regimented, structured hockey teams.

It's like a division comprised of many teams that resemble the Devils from yesteryear.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Embracing a healthy lifestyle is what made me fell in love with cooking. Baby steps!
I been off and on for a few years of keto. I dropped 65 pounds in 5 months a long time ago on it and slowly fell off, trying to get back into it but this time not bacon, eggs, sausages you know, the lazy keto way but actually MAKE my own stuff. Need new oven so I can make my own keto pizza among other things. Waiting for some things in the mail so I can make more mason jar keto ice cream, pancakes, bread, etc. Also going to try getting active...I got a yard and a huge deck and I got kettlebells/dumbells/pullupbar/dip station/skip rope so I am set somewhat. Plus going back to hiking a mountain I used to do and may buy a punching bag.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
That in and of itself isn't saying much. This division is largely compromised of boring, regimented, structured hockey teams.

It's like a division comprised of many teams that resemble the Devils from yesteryear.

Pretty much. Which is why the games aren't fun to watch. Not because of the Penguins roster. We are in a division of teams that are built to beat us.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty much. Which is why the games aren't fun to watch. Not because of the Penguins roster. We are in a division of teams that are built to beat us.
Wait a minute, you just said in a previous post that we're entertaining, didn't you?

I'm not entertained. lol

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You aren't always a ray of positivity either, pix. This feels like "when I'm feeling positive, others aren't allowed to feel negative."

For the record I think the Pens played pretty well tonight all things considered and it sucks that they lost on a major hockey pet peeve. It isn't even just Letang. 80% of the players in the league would do what he did there and they would all be wrong.

Sure, but we just won 3 of 5. Sullivan sucks. Our roster has been demolished by injuries.

I dunno, let's see how we look when we don't have to run Lafferty and ZAR in our top nine.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ohhhhhhh noooooOooooooooo!!!!!!

Little secret I’ll let you on.

Most years your team isn’t going to win the championship. Sports should be about enjoying the process.

Pens have been entertaining this year most games. That’s all you can ask for.
OK, yeah you said it right there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Wait a minute, you just said in a previous post that we're entertaining, didn't you?

I'm not entertained. lol

I like watching young players succeed. Seeing players like Blueger, Jarry, Kapanen, and Marino continue to come into their own is fun for me. Seeing our team coming back with a SH goal and an individual effort by Jake is fun.

Sometimes we lose. We didn't deserve to tonight.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah, cos having almost 1/4 of the cap tied up in two underperforming players can’t be the problem.
Well what were the other options? This was always going to be a thing. Or are you of the opinion that Rutherford should’ve shipped them out after the 3rd cup and started the rebuild then? Who even knows if ownership would’ve let him trade them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->