Pens Sign Yannick Weber

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Well, a body at this point is something to get excited about :laugh:.

So......

.....I think the D-corps that will dress tomorrow and the weekend (hopefully no longer than that) is worse than the 2014-15 playoff, where the team could only dress 5 D. Chorney, Cole, Dumo, Lovejoy, Martin.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

So......

.....I think the D-corps that will dress tomorrow and the weekend (hopefully no longer than that) is worse than the 2014-15 playoff, where the team could only dress 5 D. Chorney, Cole, Dumo, Lovejoy, Martin.

We had 6 for the playoffs. How could you forget ol’ Rob Scuderi

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

So......

5 defenseman hurt in 7 games. Pens had a ton of injuries last year and most to our best players but this many to one position is crazy. I don't see how we hold up with this. POJ who has all of three games is our only LD. Pens should bring Lee up for a try. RD will be Letang, Ruhwedel, Ceci, and now Yannick. One will shift to the LD. If the Pens are able to win with these injuries I will be impressed.

Reactions: ncm7772

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Maybe it’s time to try a F as D, you know, like we tried Riikola up front last year.

I’m joking of course, as it’s easier to transition to F than to D, but still....

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
He sucks but he speaks French! <3

200.gif

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Definition of a warm body, but we're beggars for any D right now. Would prefer to bring up AHL bodies but literally can't do that right now :/

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Maybe employ a more aggressive defensive system for a while where the forwards pressure the points instead of constantly collapsing with our dmen trying to survive shooting galleries without broken bones? Just a thought.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I don’t know. Probably. But we really can’t afford to lose any more dmen, so trying to limit the amount of full on clappers is probably a good idea right about now.

The last couple games we steadied our D and didn’t go chasing the opposition as much except Ceci :laugh:. That’s the way to play. Zone up, keep em to the outside and invite them to shoot from out wide. Then go after the loose pucks.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean I completely understand that they are in dire straights as far as bodies are concerned right now but I have to laugh that JR's last act here was to sign a horrendous defenseman.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
My mind must've blocked it out :laugh:. I could've sworn though, they could only dress 5 D-Men. Must have been at the end of the regular season or something :huh:.

Yeah it was some regular season games at the end of season but it was because of the salary cap. JR got caught off guard with too many non-LTIR injuries and we were squeezed for cap at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->