Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Jay McClement to a tryout contract

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There is more to playing center than merely taking face-offs. Nothing in Wilson's NHL game suggests he is a better fit at center.

He played it in the AHL and he's never taken an NHL shift at C because we had C's out the ying yang the past 2 seasons and therefore he was immediately placed on the Wing (rightfully so).

Not saying he's capable because I haven't seen him. Just like you can't say he ISN"T, again because no one has seen him at C in the NHL. Does it really hurt if they try him out there in the pre season games?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
He played it in the AHL and he's never taken an NHL shift at C because we had C's out the ying yang the past 2 seasons and therefore he was immediately placed on the Wing (rightfully so).

Not saying he's capable because I haven't seen him. Just like you can't say he ISN"T, again because no one has seen him at C in the NHL. Does it really hurt if they try him out there in the pre season games?

for your piece of mind or what? I'm certain that the organization knows about his abilities.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
for your piece of mind or what? I'm certain that the organization knows about his abilities.

I'm saying that no organization (even 1 that's won back to back) isn't infallible when it comes to personnel selections.

I mean we'll probably still see Letang on PP1 when it's been proven over and over that Schultz is a superior player in that role. So I'm hoping they've explored every option available to them to fix their C woes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->