gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Reactions: 66-30-33

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
WBS signed a ECHL goalie today to a PTO. They must expect Zatkoff to be out for a little bit.

"Zapolski began the 2012-13 season with the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL), winning both of his appearances. He currently leads the ECHL in goals against average (1.57), save percentage (.945) and his tied for fourth in wins (10)."

http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/penguins-ink-zapolski-to-pto

So this Zapolski over Kileen then? If that's true, it wouldn't seem to say much for Kileen's future (not that it was ever that bright) with the Pens. Or reading too much into that?

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
So this Zapolski over Kileen then? If that's true, it wouldn't seem to say much for Kileen's future (not that it was ever that bright) with the Pens. Or reading too much into that?

Kileen is better off starting games in Wheeling then sitting on WBS bench for 2 weeks which is what Zapolski will be doing unless Thiessen continues to plays like crap.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011

No, Kileen's pretty much done as far a being a prospect. He's sucked last year and is terrible again this year in the ECHL, despite being in his 3rd year in the league. He's played about 90 career games in the ECHL and his career save% is below .900. He also played really bad in limited games with WBS. I don't see any reason to think he'll ever amount to much.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
No, Kileen's pretty much done as far a being a prospect. He's sucked last year and is terrible again this year in the ECHL, despite being in his 3rd year in the league. He's played about 90 career games in the ECHL and his career save% is below .900. He also played really bad in limited games with WBS. I don't see any reason to think he'll ever amount to much.

Some goalies take time to develop. He's only twenty-two and a half years old.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Read that Killeen had his hand checked out. Maybe hes injured as well :(

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
WBS signed a ECHL goalie today to a PTO. They must expect Zatkoff to be out for a little bit.

"Zapolski began the 2012-13 season with the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL), winning both of his appearances. He currently leads the ECHL in goals against average (1.57), save percentage (.945) and his tied for fourth in wins (10)."

http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/penguins-ink-zapolski-to-pto

Pens certainly now hold the record for most goaltenders with last names starting with "Z"

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Played with Zapolski in Chicago for a week-long all star tournament. He was probably the most talented goaltender I've played with, including ex-OHL'er Justin Garay, amongst some others. Nice to see him get a shot, however short-lived it may or may not be.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Played with Zapolski in Chicago for a week-long all star tournament. He was probably the most talented goaltender I've played with, including ex-OHL'er Justin Garay, amongst some others. Nice to see him get a shot, however short-lived it may or may not be.

With the way Thiessen is playing, I'd be stunned if he didn't get a start this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad