Post-Game Talk: Pens/Sabres: A full 60 minutes of great Penguins hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I dunno. I think we’re seeing this team look good because we finally have a puck mover on every line and players are buying into their roles.

L2 is the only thing that scares me if we are healthy

And that is the best case and hope. But until we see it in action I am going to worry.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
How was Teddy? I see he got an assist.

He’s still learning how to read Kessel and Malkin, so he was just making basic plays with them. Kind of like ZAR he was trying to support them through the NZ and then get to the front of the net. He was doing a lot of heavy lifting in the defensive zone. Like ZAR, always knows his assignments and I feel relaxed when he’s out there in his zone.

Gotta be Rust’s job when he’s back though, assuming Rust can make those creative plays he’s been displaying this year.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It's not whether he'll buy in, its whether the rest of the team will stop doing so without The Fear.

I don't understand this narrative where apparently the team thinks Letang is some defensive wizard and they have to do nothing but when he's gone they now realize they have to help out. I've never seen spinning like this for a Pittsburgh player.

I think it's more that Letang's at his best in using his superior talent to defend, and not always within a structured system.

I love Letang but he won't be easy to re-integrate. See: 2017-2018.

Sadly, I agree because he tried to be more defensive in last year playoffs and we saw how that went. Then basically said in the off-season screw that and I'm going to play my game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s still learning how to read Kessel and Malkin, so he was just making basic plays with them. Kind of like ZAR he was trying to support them through the NZ and then get to the front of the net. He was doing a lot of heavy lifting in the defensive zone. Like ZAR, always knows his assignments and I feel relaxed when he’s out there in his zone.

Gotta be Rust’s job when he’s back though, assuming Rust can make those creative plays he’s been displaying this year.

Yeah, I think both ZAR and Teddy should be playing with Cullen. The type of habits he’s been able to impart to our young players the past couple years are sooo helpful. Teddy and Bjugstad as full time 3C and 4C next year would be great.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Jack Johnson looks like the kind of guy that knocked up a white trash girl after his senior night football game in high school.

tenor.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Give this avatar's record for driving players away from the org, I'm very much in favour of this motion.

...I never thought of that...but youre right. Lord know youre not right very often...but when you do get a hit, its out of the park.

LawnyIris

Feb 22, 2009
New Yawk City
Agreed. If anything, I'm worried that guys are gonna see Tanger in the lineup and ease up on their responsibilities. It's pretty apparent, based on our play recently, that the long stretches of bad play over the past couple of years--particularly defensively, both from forwards as well as defensemen--can be attributed to a simple lack of work ethic and laziness. If guys keep playing this way while we swap Letang in for Trotman, I think we're in great shape. If they fall back on their old ways defensively-speaking, assuming Tanger's back and they can let him and Dumo do all the work for 25 minutes a night, we're in trouble again.
We seem to be be a lot more defensively minded without Letang. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad