Post-Game Talk: Pens/Sabres: A full 60 minutes of great Penguins hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++ Everything. Honestly I just have to give the entire team credit. Sabres came out very structured trying to bore the Pens and frustrate them. Earlier in the season, the boys wouldn't have dug deep and did the small things enabling them to win. They stayed the course tonight and played terrific hockey for 60 minutes. Strong support all over the ice defensively and offensively. They kept the Sabres out of danger areas. When they did get chances, DeSmith locked it down. Great 60 minutes.

It's tough to really even give individuals credit because I would have to put the entire team on this list. Geno, Sid, and Kessel were stars. Role players were strong. Defense was strong. DeSmith was strong. I thought everyone played very well.

And some people will say "Oh well the Sabres without Eichel. That doesn't impress me!" To that, I say f*** right off. This was a very impressive game because they played the game as if it were Washington or a playoff game. They supported and played smart. They are playing very well. This is the type of hockey they need to be playing if they want to be a true dangerous threat. And wow they sure are. Awesome stuff.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Killing it right now. No one hurting this team and have 2 pretty good players to come back.........and ZAR :laugh: Great comeback game by Desmith

tenor.gif

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I almost fell asleep in the first period, but other then that it was a good game by everyone on the Pens.

Only bad thing about the game is CDS might of cost the Pens a 3rd round pick with his saves against Sheary.

Reactions: Peat

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1. Rust slides into L2 LW without missing a beat and he and Geno pick up where they left off with the Tampa win.
2. Phil realizes preseason is over and lays it all out there.
3. Letang comes back and the team's collective commitment to defense doesn't waver.

@ColePens, IF those things happen, then we could be talking about more than the Pens just being a 'true dangerous threat'.

EDIT: I will add this again . . . L1 has crystallized. L3 has crystallized. IF L2 crystallizes when Rust returns, then I sincerely believe that we're talking the most cohesive top 9 since the 2016 cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad