wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0.jpg

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Nah, I've been pointing out how some here prefer losing to winning because of their hatred of Quinn.

They actually express every single day that it's a miracle that Quinn can even tie his own shoes.

They feel it's plainly obvious that he is incompetent.

When I then point if they are right then management above him is to blame for keeping him, they harumph a lot.

They can't even understand the simple fact that every coach tries to win every game.

Pretty amazing stuff that coaches try to win games, right?

Yeah, this is called whining.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
No way, I was told kids will definitely be screwed again with their ice time for the last two days in every thread.
There was every reason to believe that that would happen. It likely would have anyway had the game not been a blowout.

All that said, you can’t complain about last night’s game. It’s what most of us have been hoping for out of this team all year. High scoring, bad defense, kids involved.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Too early to throw in the towel.
I believe in miracles and wish for the best. But as a betting man, I wouldn't take 2o-1 odds they makes the playoffs. Their odds of making the playoffs are even higher than that.

But even if we don't make the playoffs, my hope is, we are alive until the last week of the season. That by all accounts would be a successful season in this crazy year of COVID. And besides,... even if we did make the playoffs, how far do you think we would go? Getting swept by the Canes has shaken my confidence this team is playoff material at this time.

So let's root for the kid's progression and keeping up our strong defensive effort, to win as many games left as we can. For the future of this team looks awfully bright.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Crazy watching Mika’s play now vs earlier this season. Day/Night difference. I don’t think it’s streakiness either, like Kreider.

He was physically off. And he looked it. f*** you, Covid.

Mika: 1
Covid: 0

even his interview last night you could see it in his face he looks healthy. Kid looked green pale thin like you could blow him over for two months. Looked strong last night

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
As good as tonight’s win feels and as well as the team has played in the last month, it won’t mean very much unless the Rangers win Thursday night. The Rangers need to start stringing a few wins together.

The problem I have with this thinking is that if they win Thursday, you'll probably say the exact same thing about the game after that, and so on.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Lots to like....and a lot not to like in that game .It was very sloppy performance against a Malkinless Penguin club . Team defense terrible...team speed as somebody mentioned the other day also lacking . Penguins beat us to a lot of pucks via speed and extra effort/hustle/tenacity . Poor Smith....Crosby thought thought process about 3 seconds ahead of Smith LOL....referring to that behind the net maneuver by Smith . It was funny though....

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Last two games of the year vs boston could be serious games for us.
It’s definitely going to be an uphill road. I expect Boston to get better by next week. Their time to win is now and I think they add a hall or palmeri to their 2nd line by the deadline. We will most likely stand pat or lose a guy or 2

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Last two games of the year vs boston could be serious games for us.

If that turns out to be true, I would say this team has drastically overperformed compared with pre-season predictions.

Almost no one here and none of the so-called experts picked the Rangers to make the playoffs.

If we had been told before the season that Zibanejad would be decimated and rendered near useless by Covid for a huge chunk of the season and that Shesterkin would have trouble staying healthy, all would have thought the Rangers were heading towards another lottery pick.

Yet, these things did happen and the team is about 3-5 points from being a playoff team, but now the coach is holding us back is the excuse.

Again, I'm not a Quinn fan or detractor. I just think too many fans always need scapegoats for their disappointments.

Edit: And the TDA situation.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The kids are getting better by the day, and I'm really impressed with how Kravtsov has looked. Its too bad we were such a shit show earlier on in the year with Shesty hurt, Mika looking like Voros, Panarin hiding from Putin, Miller and Trouba hurt. If none of that happens we are easily in a playoff spot.
...and the loss of Tony ! Opps...Chosen got ahead of me .:)

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What is the tie breaker if it does come to that ?

Boston will have two more games after these games that end our regular season. To me it will be a validation for a positive progression season AS A TEAM if the Rangers are within even 3 points going into these games.
There were so many factors that never let the Rangers get on a roll instead of what looked like a perpetual scrambling to deal with one roster issue after another up until probably just a couple of weeks ago.
A pretty big number of games across this season (sample) are indicative that if the Rangers will have just a bit better luck next season, coupled with continuous progress from the kids and the team is not only making the playoffs but should be doing so comfortably fighting for a home advantage in the first round.

P.S. Any type of luck will have to start with Shesterkin being healthy

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I went with Fox, Kakko and Lafreniere

Because it was actually close enough to be able to do so for the 1st time ever. Laf's best game thus far even without the goal.

Reactions: EEL

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
The problem I have with this thinking is that if they win Thursday, you'll probably say the exact same thing about the game after that, and so on.

haha. That’s the point he is making- WE DO HAVE TO WIN A BUNCH. That’s what “stringing together wins” means.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think its more about looking at the game honestly.

Our goalie stole it and theirs gave it away.

I totally disagree, especially about their goalie.

I didn't see the stats, but I thought the Rangers had an awful lot of high quality chances.

I thought Shesterkin was good, but not great.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Next season they will revert back to the Metro division and the eastern conference . Will it make much of a difference ? Bruins and Sabres gone...Canes back plus play against the Wings-Sens .

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
haha. That’s the point he is making- WE DO HAVE TO WIN A BUNCH. That’s what “stringing together wins” means.

Then why the need to say it every game?

I think everyone here is smart enough to understand that when the schedule is headed towards the end and you're out of playoff position, you're going to need to string wins.

Reactions: egelband

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Lots to like....and a lot not to like in that game .It was very sloppy performance against a Malkinless Penguin club . Team defense terrible...team speed as somebody mentioned the other day also lacking . Penguins beat us to a lot of pucks via speed and extra effort/hustle/tenacity . Poor Smith....Crosby thought thought process about 3 seconds ahead of Smith LOL....referring to that behind the net maneuver by Smith . It was funny though....
that was hysterical. Smith was like, "he'll never expect this" and then ...

Rangers are too clever sometimes.

Reactions: romba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad