Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Rangers 4/6/21

3 Stars

• Total voters

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They're the youngest team in the league by a mile. It should not surprise you in the slightest that the biggest issue they have is consistency
I don't buy it. We're young but it's the vets that struggle with consistency

Reactions: Ginger Papa

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Kakko really makes that third line click. I felt that trio was starting to heat up the last time they were put together and were having some dominating shifts before Kakko got promoted to the 2nd line. If quinn can keep giving that line around 13 to 14 minutes I'm fine with keeping that line together, otherwise, he will need to re-balance the lines because the team plays better when they can at least roll three lines consistently. I thought besides Godwell scoring that goal he was quite pedestrian on that line. If Kravtsov keeps playing with urgency and keeps being responsible quinn can swap Blackwell and Kravtsov maybe not next game but soon enough.

The coaching staff needs to find a way to stop giving the penguins so many breakaways/odd-man rushes. Penguins have consistently burnt us this way this season and adjustments need to be made. Show us your worth your money coaching staff.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What a night to be at the Garden. It's been a year and a month without being there to see a game. They're averaging 7 a game the last two I've seen in person (6 on March 5th last year and 8 tonight). It was a great atmosphere, even with less than 2000 there.

After about 6 beers and 2 doubles of Jamo, I'll say it was a good night. Kravtsov is definitely an NHL player. He needs time and he'll get it. Getting to see Lafreniere play in person, you can see he is starting to have the NHL game slow down for him.

Two years from now, this will be the best team in the NHL.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
the irony, is that you been whining all day

Nah, I've been pointing out how some here prefer losing to winning because of their hatred of Quinn.

They actually express every single day that it's a miracle that Quinn can even tie his own shoes.

They feel it's plainly obvious that he is incompetent.

When I then point if they are right than management above him is to blame for keeping him, they harumph a lot.

They can't even understand the simple fact that every coach tries to win every game.

Pretty amazing stuff that coaches try to win games, right?

Last edited:

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
We are now tied for 6th in the league in goals for and are 12th in goals against. I know the "muh Flyers games" people will try to discredit this, but this is a playoff team that doesn't yet know how to finish games.

i agree 1000% with this...its just, we are in a very strange place roster wise / lack the type of personnel thats really well constructed to close out games. the last 20 or so games our top 6 has absolutely played and produced at a playoff level extrapolated. but our 3rd line is kids, which in and of itself is not an issue...but then our 4th line kinda being spare parts thrown together/kids we don't have room for/burdened with brett howden much of the year is not much of a value add. one of those two lines, on a playoff team, should really be something of an identity line that has some nastiness, and then speed and aggression. we don't need even a shutdown line per se as mikas line cant match up against any top line for the most part late, but we could use another line that can complement them as more of a change of pace/physical/also reliable defensively type of line while adding some nastiness - we're just too easy to play urgent hockey against. strome line is puke once their hemmed in. kid line is probably actually slightly better, but thats not really saying much. we don't have another line we really can rely on late.i don't mind some of the guys we use on the 4th and several could be pieces of such a line...but they need a general if you will. thats where to take a big step we need to add a guy who totally changes the presence of that 4th line both during play and after the whistle...and even on the bench/in the room as a personality / leader. its the one piece id like to see us take a shot at adding this year if there's anything out there at all cheap and without a long term commitment to take a flyer on. longer term though we're going to need to build a line thats primary function is making life miserable for the other team. at least in my opinion until we have that line that has the ability / presence to do that job and do it convincingly we're going to be a roller coaster late in one goal games.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What a night to be at the Garden. It's been a year and a month without being there to see a game. They're averaging 7 a game the last two I've seen in person (6 on March 5th last year and 8 tonight). It was a great atmosphere, even with less than 2000 there.

After about 6 beers and 2 doubles of Jamo, I'll say it was a good night. Kravtsov is definitely an NHL player. He needs time and he'll get it. Getting to see Lafreniere play in person, you can see he is starting to have the NHL game slow down for him.

Two years from now, this will be the best team in the NHL.
I believe that “Jamo” refers to Baskin Robbins favorite Jamocha Almond Fudge.
Am I correct?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
As good as tonight’s win feels and as well as the team has played in the last month, it won’t mean very much unless the Rangers win Thursday night. The Rangers need to start stringing a few wins together.
I am proceeding with the assumption that we won’t make the playoffs. Too steep a hill to climb. But if the kids continue to play and play well, and we get a nice (hopefully center) prospect in the draft, I’m very happy.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I am proceeding with the assumption that we won’t make the playoffs. Too steep a hill to climb. But if the kids continue to play and play well, and we get a nice (hopefully center) prospect in the draft, I’m very happy.

Tend to agree, they really need a strong 3 games here before the deadline to stay in it, not that I think they will do much at the deadline, but if you look at the schedule after it, it’s 8 of 9 with the Devils, Sabres and Flyers.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It would be great if they run off 5 or 6 in a row. And if they do, great. But I’m cool with either direction. Both have pluses.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
What I'd like to see is a tense PO chase hunt with multiple must win games, including the final "lose and you're eliminated" game. I'm not too concerned about this year's POs, I don't think the team is ready to make a push and I'm not happy with a shortened COVID affected season and limited numbers in the stands atmosphere. I'd feel differently if we were in our prime but time is on our side and I can't wait for a full 82 to see if we can develop the consistency and killer instinct we need to push deep into the POs. I believe that's as early as next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad