Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Rags 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't care about hockey anymore. If we can't win 44 in a row, what's the point?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Need to bounce back with a win to dent their play-off hopes and also to stay in the hunt for the Presidents trophy.

Our last 10 at MSG; 8-2-0
Our last 10 against the Rangers; 7-3-0

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Question: the roster expands at 3PM today, right? So do they tell Beau Bennett to start making his way to NYC and call him up at 3:01PM?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Question: the roster expands at 3PM today, right? So do they tell Beau Bennett to start making his way to NYC and call him up at 3:01PM?

are they gonna play him? If they are calling him up, I hope it's not to sit in the press box.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
are they gonna play him? If they are calling him up, I hope it's not to sit in the press box.

Well that's a whole different issue. I was just wondering if there were rules in place about letting a player know he was going to be called up before he actually was called up, if that makes any sense. WBS is an easy trip to NYC but I doubt he'd make it by game time if he couldn't be en route before 3PM.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
If they wanted Bennett up, couldn't they have just put Sid on IR and called Beau up earlier as well?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
They recalled Bortuzzo I believe (sometime earlier this week). Bennett will probably be called up today or tomorrow if I had to guess. I don't think they're in any rush to put either of them in the lineup though.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Team has to find thier identity with Sid, Martin, Letang out and sort the lines out. Get back to playing great team defense. Take care of our own end first.

I want 1 victory in this back to back versus the Rags. Thats all i ask. Win both, great.

One of the better pairings during the streak was Eaton-Niskanen. Keep them together.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Team has to find thier identity with Sid, Martin, Letang out and sort the lines out. Get back to playing great team defense. Take care of our own end first.

I want 1 victory in this back to back versus the Rags. Thats all i ask. Win both, great.

I think we're better off keeping the mental consistency and winning with the best line-up than we are keeping the lines how they will be when Sid comes back.

put the best line-up on the ice. Give Sutter a chance in the top 6. He has done well there when given that chance this year.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hopefully they were just looking ahead to today. And I agree, put the best lines up that give you a chance to win every night, what's the point in building line chemistry if you keep losing?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Fleury has allowed only 2 goals in his last 289 minutes of action which is equivalent to 4.8 games.

#RandomStats

And yet in true Fleury fashion that only results in one actual shutout for him. :laugh: Outside of a couple of bad games he's been so solid this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad