News Article: Pens Projected Top-6 Forwards in 2017

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think the difference in our thinking is that you think a serious injury is highly unlikely, whereas I think it's a part of the game and can happen in any shift over the next 350 games. my reasonable assumption would hold if you replaced Sid and Geno with any two players on any other team. I wouldn't assume Toews and Kane will be Hawks in 4 years, and I wouldn't assume Ovechkin and Backstrom would be Caps in 4 years. I gave some examples to support this claim. it's ok to disagree, but don't make it out like I keep waffling or don't understand what I'm saying.

over every 4 year span, how many players in the prime of their careers are forced to stop playing due to injury? It is very very rare. Recently we've had Savard and I'll count Pronger even though I'm not sure he'd be calling it quits if he was younger or not. Though from the sounds of it he probably would. Who else? Compared to the number of players who play in the NHL each year, its a very very small number that are forced to quit while they are young due to injury.

and I know you aren't waffling. we are mostly arguing over the definition of the word assume.

Nietzsche Zone Play

Jun 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't think we're even arguing over the meaning of the word assume - we just have different assumptions.

I originally said I personally wouldn't assume that they would both be here in 4 years. that's an opinion, and it's fine if you think otherwise. I never said "they won't be here in 4 years, no way" because that's not how I feel. really it just came down to thinking 4 years ahead in terms of roster makeup, as a fan, is almost completely pointless. it's a filler "article" in the waning days of the offseason.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think we're even arguing over the meaning of the word assume - we just have different assumptions.

I originally said I personally wouldn't assume that they would both be here in 4 years. that's an opinion, and it's fine if you think otherwise. I never said "they won't be here in 4 years, no way" because that's not how I feel. really it just came down to thinking 4 years ahead in terms of roster makeup, as a fan, is almost completely pointless. it's a filler "article" in the waning days of the offseason.

its definitely a useless filler article. cheers :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad