Pens Predict: Results!!*

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
A big, (tentative), congratulations to @Bumpus for (tentatively) winning Pens Predict, 2019-2020!!! The Evgeni Malkin autographed 2004 NHL Draft puck is set to be yours! Well done.

@Old Gregg with a huge comeback in the final game. With 5 points against New Jersey, he overtook second place to (tentatively) win the Bryan Rust autographed photo. Congratulations!

@Certified Assassin and @Khelandros have a choice to make - the rules state that a playoff must be made during the first round of the playoffs - so either you two can fight for third place if/when that happens...or someone can concede victory. Either way, congratulations to both of you on a well fought season!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated - and a special thanks to both those who assisted when I could not be here to post - and those of you who made predictions for most every game... I know that each of those scenarios took extra effort and it didn't go unnoticed. Doing this is a lot of work for me, but I was happy to do it - especially with active participation. I hope everyone is staying safe throughout this madness and that none of you are negatively effected when it's all said and done. I have waited to post this for a while, but things look very much like a playoffs-only season at this point.

FINAL LEADERBOARD

Screenshot-from-2020-03-23-10-42-43.png

Game 66 05 MAR @ BUF
------------------------
4-2 Pens
Hornqvist
Bench Minor, Delay of Game
Geno, Hornqvist, Murray

Game 67 07 MAR vs WAS
-----------------------
5-2 WAS
Dowd
Lafferty/Siegenthaler, Roughing
Dowd, Panik, Oshie

Game 68 08 MAR vs CAR
------------------------
6-2 CAR
Marleau
Geno, Interference
Geekie, Williams, Gardiner

Game 69 10 MAR @ NJD
--------------------------
5-2 Pens
Rodrigues
Johnson, Delay of Game
Geno, Gusev, Schultz

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Until they announce the season as being finished, I concede nothing. Not even first place. Bumpus only has a 9 point lead. Assassin has a good chance for 1st.

Reactions: Bumpus

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Yeah, not buying it.

There’ll be at least three more games played ... in which I’ll predictably drop to 1 point out of third. ;)

If this is it for the season, then first and foremost I’d like to thank molon labe for organizing and keeping track of it. It’s been a blast.

I’d also like to thank that goofy string of 4-3 victories that miraculously coincided with me somehow guessing them correctly. This was the first year that I made an effort to try and make predictions every game. I still missed 5 of them, but surpassed my personal goal of trying to be a point per game prognosticator.

Yea, luck!

... so far.

I’m not one to count his chickens before The Hound eats every f***ing one in the room.

We’ll see.

Last edited:

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
I have a feeling that the remainder of the season won't be played...and with that, will willingly concede 3rd place to Khelandros. I came into this seasonal game looking to have some fun and friendly competition, and got just that. And when molon labe added the prizes, well, that was a very nice and thoughtful touch - a great gesture that speaks volumes to the kind of person he/she truly is. A big thank you goes out to molon labe for running this game - I know the amount of work that goes into it, and can truly appreciate all that they have done.

Congrats to Bumpus for going on a tear and winning this year* (tentatively), and congrats to Old Gregg, also. Great guessing!

I look forward to this again next year, I just hope someone will be willing to run it...who knows, if molon labe decides it's too much, maybe I can give it a go again...

Until then, everyone stay safe, stay isolated, and most importantly... LET'S GO PENS!

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I have a feeling that the remainder of the season won't be played...and with that, will willingly concede 3rd place to Khelandros. I came into this seasonal game looking to have some fun and friendly competition, and got just that. And when molon labe added the prizes, well, that was a very nice and thoughtful touch - a great gesture that speaks volumes to the kind of person he/she truly is. A big thank you goes out to molon labe for running this game - I know the amount of work that goes into it, and can truly appreciate all that they have done.

Congrats to Bumpus for going on a tear and winning this year* (tentatively), and congrats to Old Gregg, also. Great guessing!

I look forward to this again next year, I just hope someone will be willing to run it...who knows, if molon labe decides it's too much, maybe I can give it a go again...

Until then, everyone stay safe, stay isolated, and most importantly... LET'S GO PENS!
If they cancel the season, it will be I that concedes to you. You had the better points percentage.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Sooooooooooo ...

???

Did they approve the playoff thing? I've been checking in every couple of days just to see if anything has been announced (I'm disconnected from social media and pretty much all news)...

If so, I'll need you 2 (top 2) to PM me an address to send the prizes to and the next 2 (tied for 3rd) to decide what they wanna do.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Did they approve the playoff thing? I've been checking in every couple of days just to see if anything has been announced (I'm disconnected from social media and pretty much all news)...

If so, I'll need you 2 (top 2) to PM me an address to send the prizes to and the next 2 (tied for 3rd) to decide what they wanna do.
I think, but I don’t 100% know for certain.

Waiting on a ruling.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Just because it’s still fun ...

5-2, Pens
Guentzel
Malkin - slash
Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel

Ad

Upcoming events