PENS PREDICT| And the Winner is...

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
I want to thank everyone who participated in this year's Pens Predict, great job by everyone! This game is something fun to do to pass the time during the season and I look forward to doing it again next year. If anyone has recommendations, please feel free to post below. I may switch up the points system next year...

Now, the moment everyone...ok, some...alright, a few of you have been waiting for...

The Reigning Champ is (again...)

wheelz87!!!

Everyone wish him a big congratulations on defending his championship this season...It will not be so easy next year...:sarcasm:

Results of Game 82:

2-0 Pens
Sutter
Sutter, Fleury, Lindback

Scoring for Game 82:

2 FireBylsma
2 wheelz87
1 CatholicSins
1 JohanL
1 Ragamuffin Gunner
1 Stephen Bozek
1 Sutter16
1 systemsgo
0 #1GuinFan
0 Certified Assassin
0 flaneur
0 Goalie Ledoux
0 Killahpunk
0 Koempel
0 LeafSadist
0 leafspensfan
0 RichWVU
0 stayinalive
0 TNT87
0 Waffle Fries
0 Wes C Addle
0 WpgPens

Final Standings:

Statistics (Top 3):

Persons who predicted the most number of games:

First: 5 tied with all games predicted - Certified Assassin, FireBylsma, flaneur, JohanL & TNT87 (Big thanks to all of you for playing all year!)
Second: Killahpunk & wheelz87, both with 81 games predicted
Third: RichWVU & Stephen Bozek, both with 80 games predicted

Highest points per game average (at least 41 games predicted):

First: td_ice with 0.8679 in 53 games
Second: wheelz87 with 0.7901 in 81 games
Third: legacyofmike with 0.7778 in 45 games

Lowest points per game average (at least 41 games predicted):

First: Stad with 0.4571 in 70 games
Second: RichWVU with 0.5375 in 80 games
Third: systemsgo with 0.5949 in 79 games

If anyone has any questions regarding their statistics or point totals, please feel free to ask away!

CHLLL Penguin

Nov 14, 2011
Congrats Wheelz87!!

Thanks a bunch Certified Assassin for keeping track of everything this year. :yo:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Wheelz87 is starting a dynasty!

Thanks for taking time out to run this for us on here CA.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
What is the most number of games predicted in a row without getting any points?
Think I have to have that record with my 5 games or what it was in a row without a point...

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
What is the most number of games predicted in a row without getting any points?
Think I have to have that record with my 5 games or what it was in a row without a point...

I went back and looked through...You actually have the longest drought at 8 games in a row (Games 73 through 80).

I had a drought of 6 games...

Stad had two droughts of 5 games a piece.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
I'm actually thinking of this set up next year, points wise...

2 points for correctly guessing the score AND winner.

3 points for predicting the first goal scorer.

1 point for each star.

What do you think?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm actually thinking of this set up next year, points wise...

2 points for correctly guessing the score AND winner.

3 points for predicting the first goal scorer.

1 point for each star.

What do you think?

I like the 2 point guessing the score/winner. 3 points for first goal scorer seems a bit much, maybe 2? Whatever. I'll adjust. ;) Also, I wanna say last year once or twice you had a little bonus stunt here or there for a couple extra points? Maybe we could incorporate that into the game once again.

Anyways, first of all a big thanks to CA for once again keeping track of this all year. And for your awesome art skills! This is a fun little mini game that I enjoy being apart of. Didn't think I was going to get it done this year, but I finished strong. It ain't about how you start.. don't tell the Pens this though. And thanks to tdICE for seemingly getting bored at the half way mark and realizing he was too good for the game and stepping aside. :)

Two-time champ baby! I'm officially a dynasty. (wow I sound like an ***)

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
I like the 2 point guessing the score/winner. 3 points for first goal scorer seems a bit much, maybe 2? Whatever. I'll adjust. ;) Also, I wanna say last year once or twice you had a little bonus stunt here or there for a couple extra points? Maybe we could incorporate that into the game once again.

Anyways, first of all a big thanks to CA for once again keeping track of this all year. And for your awesome art skills! This is a fun little mini game that I enjoy being apart of. Didn't think I was going to get it done this year, but I finished strong. It ain't about how you start.. don't tell the Pens this though. And thanks to tdICE for seemingly getting bored at the half way mark and realizing he was too good for the game and stepping aside. :)

Two-time champ baby! I'm officially a dynasty. (wow I sound like an ***)

I'm thinking 2 points for the score and winner, meaning you must guess the score and winner correctly, or get 0 points. Not splitting it 1 point for winner, 1 point for score...just for the fact that 1 point is based on a 50/50 guess of the correct team to win the game. It would be an all or nothing thing.

Hmmm, noted about the 3 points on the first goal scorer. Maybe two would work better.

Also, I never had any bonus points to hand out, the only bonuses handed out last year were for the two players that guessed all categories correctly, so they received 3 bonus points as described in the rules, and a tiny Stanley Cup to go beside their name. Unfortunately, that did not happen this year because we were all pretty terrible at guessing this year...:laugh:

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I'm thinking 2 points for the score and winner, meaning you must guess the score and winner correctly, or get 0 points. Not splitting it 1 point for winner, 1 point for score...just for the fact that 1 point is based on a 50/50 guess of the correct team to win the game.

Maybe there can be a 1 point option if you get the goal differential correct or if you get pens goal amount correct.

Option 1: prediction: pens win 4-2, game result: pens win 3-1 -> 1 point

Option 2: prediction: pens win 4-2, game result: pens win 4-1 -> 1 point

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm thinking 2 points for the score and winner, meaning you must guess the score and winner correctly, or get 0 points. Not splitting it 1 point for winner, 1 point for score...just for the fact that 1 point is based on a 50/50 guess of the correct team to win the game. It would be an all or nothing thing.

Hmmm, noted about the 3 points on the first goal scorer. Maybe two would work better.

Also, I never had any bonus points to hand out, the only bonuses handed out last year were for the two players that guessed all categories correctly, so they received 3 bonus points as described in the rules, and a tiny Stanley Cup to go beside their name. Unfortunately, that did not happen this year because we were all pretty terrible at guessing this year...:laugh:

Agreed on getting both the score and winner correct for the two points. Same as it's always been, just now receiving two points instead of one. As for the bonus points, I wasn't referring to the extra 3 for getting all categories correct.. I could have sworn at some point you had a few random prop bets. Maybe not. Like for example, guessing the exact amount of Pens shots for a game would garner you an extra point or something. I could be way off on that. Maybe I'm imagining things. Still, that's something that could be added to the game. Every so many games offer some bonus points to be had. How many shots will Sid have, will Downie throw a tantrum, ect.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
Curse you, Stad, I wanted the worst predictor crown.

I'll try to give Mr. Assassin a hand with this next year (even though I obviously got no preferential treatment this year, thanks buddy), try to work up some sort of more advanced scoring system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad