Pens offer to fans because of lockout

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That's a decent deal. I can't say I expected anything so that helps. The only problem (for me at least) is that tickets are going to be even harder to come by so it really only helps a select group of fans. The NHL should make center ice free, although I suspect it's complicated with many cable/dish companies involved, and make the NHL.com shop items 50% off for first few weeks.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
That's a decent deal. I can't say I expected anything so that helps. The only problem (for me at least) is that tickets are going to be even harder to come by so it really only helps a select group of fans. The NHL should make center ice free, although I suspect it's complicated with many cable/dish companies involved, and make the NHL.com shop items 50% off for first few weeks.

Yeah wish they'd do it for the online store too. I'd be all over that

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
They'll probably pull all authentic jerseys from the shelves other than Michalek and Staal.

Decent deal through I guess.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
The contests sound exciting; I'll definitely stay tuned on Twitter for updates. It'd be cool if the store offered discounted Sutter jerseys in addition to the probable Michalek/Staal for those looking to bolster their collection.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And that's without the jalapenos, right?

EDIT: And I don't even want to think about the add-on cost for extra cheese . . . :(

Sneak in some cheese whiz, heat it under the hand dryer in the men's room, bam... Save like $11.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Sneak in some cheese whiz, heat it under the hand dryer in the men's room, bam... Save like $11.

The use of hand dryers are now $2 per use. You gotta read the fine print...

Oh, and don't forget...You can wash your nachos down with an ice cold RC Cola!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
HA! True enough.

These are probably left over from when the season was supposed to start.

So like, Oct? They still should be good until the playoffs...

The use of hand dryers are now $2 per use. You gotta read the fine print...

Oh, and don't forget...You can wash your nachos down with an ice cold RC Cola!

Still saving 'bout, $6 by the time you buy the Cheese Whiz and pay the hand dryer fee.

That's like half a pizza.... Unless you buy it at the arena, then that is like a slice...

... of pepperoni.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Wow you guys are more pessimistic than I am. I think they'll do it legit and keep everything on the shelves like normal. Now as far as beating the ravenous puck bunnies and parents with kids to all the good stuff, that's something else entirely. I fully expect to waltz in during the first intermission of the opener to find everything picked over. Oh well, at least I can his up the South Side Works store since I don't live too far away.

This would normally be a coup for someone like me and many of you, but it's blunted somewhat by the fact that NHL merchandise is outrageously priced. This is more like 25% off in the grand scheme of things. There, there's your cynicism.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
First four home games only? Weak sauce. Demand 24 games. They trashed half our season, we should be able to trash concession sales for half of theirs without impact on the workers.

And Free Nachos through the playoffs.

FREEEEEEE DA NACHOS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->