Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m sure he is working with the HF Pens Axis of Evil HoG and Soggy to craft a manifesto of how Sullivan didn’t allow that edge work to be used because he is a BOZO.

Also if ya want some deja vu go read the Ana Sprong thread
giphy.gif

I can't wait for Pejorative Slurs like you to say he got a fair shake when there was ample proof that the gm and coach failed him so hard it makes you look competent.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
From Rossi’s Athletic article here are the top 10 most powerful/influential Penguins (staff and players)

1. Sid
  2. Sully
  3. Geno
  4. JR
  5. Murray
  6. Morehouse
  7. Gonchar
  8. Schultz
  9. Acklin
  10. Letang

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Acklin is the lead scout? And Schultz ahead of Letang?!

Acklin Senior VP:
Well, the Penguins’ economic future largely is Acklin’s responsibility.”

Re Letang:
An argument could be made that Letang holds penultimate power among players. He places 10th because the Penguins have been willing to trade him this and last offseason, even though Letang’s contract affords him significant control over his destiny. Of the franchise’s most prominent players, Letang seems likeliest to not finish his career with the Penguins.”

Re Schultz:
The Penguins cannot win the Cup without Malkin playing at or near his customary level of excellence. More than even a winger, Malkin needs a defensemen who can get him the puck when and were he likes it. Schultz is that defenseman because Letang’s pairing regularly plays with Crosby’s top line.
Schultz is comfortable in Pittsburgh. He is wanted by the Penguins.
But he did already pass once on the chance to sign a longer-term contract to stay. The Penguins plan to give him another opportunity at one of those, but they’ll likely do it at a cap hit that falls under the $7 million an offensive catalyst such as Schultz could command in free agency.“

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Gonchar is more influential than Guerin and Karmanos?

Also, it looks like the Pens may have been quietly expanding the scouting staff. Seems much larger that it used to be.
Pittsburgh Penguins Front Office Staff

They love what he’s done with D men brought in (eg Justin Schultz, Eric Gudbranson, Trevor Daley, Marcus Pettersson). Also one of Geno’s best friends (who JR uses to communicate with).

His family lives in Dallas and the club lets him go back and spend time there during the season. Must be pretty well respected to let him do that.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad