Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Murray got married yesterday. Now that I think about it, getting married close to draft day is a great way to ensure you'll have a low-key wedding. Props to Murr and Mrs. Murr.

Last edited:
Reactions: StaalForOne

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

He probably wishes they were compared to what he’ll likely see this year and on D behind him...probably more likely to get him the puck than JJ...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Just like, oh, every year, Pittsburgh yet again with one of the worst differentials in the upcoming season between playing rested teams when tired and being rested playing tired teams.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sid the artist

Always been a Bauer guy myself with skates. Specifically, I've been using Bauer Vapors for years and years now. It's my preferred skate line and fits my feet well.

Course despite playing since I was a kid I don't have Sid's edge work (who does?) so maybe I should buy his skates..lol

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
New feature on cap friendly for income tax calculator. I’d bet accountants can do some things to close some of the gaps but interesting nonetheless.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The article is a few weeks old, but I just saw it. Interesting part about Hornqvist. I mean that we always knew how valuable he was, but maybe still underrated how much he brought to the team.

t might be Patric Hornqvist, though, who looks like the best Iguodala comparison. Despite being a consistent 20-plus goal scorer and two-time Stanley Cup winner over his 11-year career, Hornqvist has rarely earned proper praise. From 2008 to 2018 at even strength, Hornqvist has been 94 goals better than the opponent while on the ice. That puts him right in between names like Corey Perry and Steven Stamkos near the top of the on-ice goal differential leaderboard. The goal differentials have been largely driven from his defensive touch, which is always tougher to properly value: Hornqvist’s teams have only conceded about two goals per 60 minutes at even strength while on the ice, which puts him 10th best amongst qualified forwards – decimal points behind Patrice Bergeron and ahead of Anze Kopitar.

travis-yost.jpg

https://www.tsn.ca/searching-for-the-nhl-s-potential-no-stats-hall-of-famers-1.1317518

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
This totally qualifies for "useless information", but TIL that the parking lot behind PPG and next to the garage is called "Lyle Odelein parking lot"

You know he owns a bunch of Super Cuts in the area?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Probably listen to this tomorrow. Should be an interesting podcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->