Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
We really need Matt Cullen to give us food recommendations. Oldest player in the league and someone (I think a media person) said if they ever want to work on their diet they’d follow Cullen around. Apparently he’s pretty meticulous in what he eats.

I read on the Athletic that the team makes fun of him because he carries practically a whole suitcase full of supplements with him on every trip.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Really kinda illustrates in one super nasty goal everything the man is (still) capable of.

That ping will never not be beautiful. I was at that game, and I'm not sure I even cheered like I do for any normal goal. I was basically doing this:

dhMeAzK.gif

And also got the closest I've been to shedding a tear when confronted with such beauty:

tenor.gif

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wasn't even my favourite Malkin moment from that season. Beautiful, but the pass for the Kessel breakaway on 2:30 and the one where he's got his back to the Islanders' goal at 3:40 or so beat it for me

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There were a lot of greasy goals in traffic from last year he was involved in... but, in typical Malkin style, most involved some kind of fancy stickwork to make them happen, even in tight.

It's weird how a sulking, problematic, malcontent floater of a player seemed to find himself in such high traffic areas last year, especially in front of the net. Like he actually cared or something. Pffft.

Last edited:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
What's the point of even having a hot dog if you pile so much stuff on it that it tastes like the condiment section of my refrigerator put into a blender?

Ketchup or nothing, **** the haters. I'm 32 and I'll fight the person who wrote that. I'll hit them in the face with a Nathan's Famous doused in all of the ketchup.
I see it all the time in Subway or Harvey's, so much shit on their sandwich or burger that you can't taste it, idiots.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Happy Anniversary :DD

Would you like me to clear the table?
No thanks I’m still enjoying these cups.

It's been about 5 minutes since the video ended and I still have chills.

Being in the arena for the game 6 watch party in '17 is something I'll never forget. It was so damn loud.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Being in the arena for the game 6 watch party in '17 is something I'll never forget. It was so damn loud.

I've been to 2 watch parties:

Game 5 vs SJ in Market Square when the Pens could've clinched at home (lost)
Game 3 in Nashville when the Pens could've put a stranglehold (lost)

Needless to say I'm a bit gunshy when it comes to these now

Reactions: Beauner

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

That’s awesome. I don’t have any Pens fans I know close by (their Canucks or Flyers-gross). Been to other sporting playoff games with big crowds and it’s awesome when your team wins.

Reactions: Beauner

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
This is my favorite moment from the final game in 2017.

gRtbE7m.gif

Hornqvist realizing they were going to win again, in his old barn, after he scored the Cup-winning goal. Just incredible.

I can't even imagine what that feels like. I scored an OT winner in the championship of a little 3v3 tourney a few years ago and it felt absolutely amazing (winning is good, but having your teammates screaming at you as you come to the bench is an unbelievable feeling.) I am guessing this goal must be that x 1000.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I can't even imagine what that feels like. I scored an OT winner in the championship of a little 3v3 tourney a few years ago and it felt absolutely amazing (winning is good, but having your teammates screaming at you as you come to the bench is an unbelievable feeling.) I am guessing this goal must be that x 1000.

Yeah I’m still pumped about a goal I scored in Aussie football with 5 minutes to go to put us within 1 goal :laugh: (my friend kicked the game winner).

Can’t imagine if I did something like Hornqvist did.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Curious, in short, why no dairy?

I read a crap crap crap load of nutritional studies/journals (not crappy websites exaggerating data) and some of the recent studies have linked dairy to inflammation/OA. So i would imagine he's doing it for that reason.

The guy's diet just to stay fit and stay ahead of father time is ridiculous. Kudos to him. That's a true commitment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->