Pens Off day/season thread “Useless information edition”

Apr 9, 2009
USA
What's the point of even having a hot dog if you pile so much stuff on it that it tastes like the condiment section of my refrigerator put into a blender?

Ketchup or nothing, **** the haters. I'm 32 and I'll fight the person who wrote that. I'll hit them in the face with a Nathan's Famous doused in all of the ketchup.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
What's the point of even having a hot dog if you pile so much stuff on it that it tastes like the condiment section of my refrigerator put into a blender?

Ketchup or nothing, **** the haters. I'm 32 and I'll fight the person who wrote that. I'll hit them in the face with a Nathan's Famous doused in all of the ketchup.

Best ever description for the reasoning behind less condiments on a hot dog

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA

Heinz or Hunts ketchup?

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Oh that's just beyond dumb to think it was Sykora, especially because Malkin spent the whole 2004-2005 NHL lockout centering Elias and Sykora for Magnitogorsk . . . :help:

When I first heard it I assumed it was early on in Malkin's career which is why I thought Sykora. It has to be a team that had Scuderi and Orpik on it as they were the ones telling the story. I forgot there was some overlap in Scuderi coming back, where Orpik was still here though. So more likely it was one of Dustin Jeffrey or Taylor Pyatt.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Never seen a series like that. Listening to Razor doing the color commentary. Heck, I even remember game 4, when Malkin didn't register a point but where he was so far in his head that one time they left Feds open in front of the net to double cover him when he didn't have the puck.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Never seen a series like that. Listening to Razor doing the color commentary. Heck, I even remember game 4, when Malkin didn't register a point but where he was so far in his head that one time they left Feds open in front of the net to double cover him when he didn't have the puck.

I still am shocked by that goal on Ward. Back hand, no look, top shelf. After beating multiple players.

Lemieux lite in that run.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The fact that I don't remember this goal happening at all is just further evidence of how consistently great Malkin is.

Just this past "terrible" year, too. Though obviously I know one pretty goal doesn't tell the tale of a season.

Before I go to bed... my personal favorite from the last few years... (also a spin-o-rama):

Really kinda illustrates in one super nasty goal everything the man is (still) capable of.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We really need Matt Cullen to give us food recommendations. Oldest player in the league and someone (I think a media person) said if they ever want to work on their diet they’d follow Cullen around. Apparently he’s pretty meticulous in what he eats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad