GDT: Pens @ Isles - Game 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We'll see how we hold up at home. Our crowd will be behind the team in a big way for game 3. Pittsburghers love an underdog.

Whats the vibe if we win the next 2? It's a new series then. We only need to find a way to win one game in New York. And we've had a legit chance to win both of these. So go home, regroup, and then whoever takes game 5 probably takes the series.

Depends upon how we win. Like we could've won the first 2? Meh . . . not confident then.

Reactions: shoplifter

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Would I like more production from Horny? Absolutely. But he contributes in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. Gud doesn't score that goal without a tremendous screen from Horny in front.

Is that worth north of $5 million a year? That's an entirely different discussion entirely. :laugh:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm pretty sure the Isles' goals have come from an aggregate of less than 20 feet, too.

Every goal has been with in 10 ft, except the 3rd goal in game 1.

So the only goals murray ia giving up are the High percentage ones that most NHL players score on.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No it isn’t. That is the players playing smart. Sullivan is a video guy, you think he’s out there telling them to try to go through four guys?
you are not getting this part...his biggest mistake is that believes that some player still can do things that they actually can't and than put them in position to do that...and than when they don't its their fault...

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m just happy they made the playoffs this year. If they lose in the 1st round it’ll probably facilitate more roster changes. Kessel will definitely be gone I’d think... but I might keep him and try to go all in on offense personally.. this team is boring.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Only shot taken is when there's a guy 2ft directly in front of Letang.

f***ing pathetic.

Reactions: TNT87

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
You're down by 2 with 2 minutes left, you can't wait 30 seconds between shot attempts. Globetrotter hockey has to stop. PLant a guy in front, tee up one timers and fight your ass off for rebounds.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Depends upon how we win. Like we could've won the first 2? Meh . . . not confident then.

Mark my words. This thing is coming back to New York 2-2.

I dunno if we're winning the series. But it's coming back to NY 2-2.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Actually yes it is. Simon scored a goal in blowout time against St. Louis. That was it for him since about January.

Simon has 4 ES goals and 4 goals overall in the same window as I was looking at for Hornqvist. So no, it's not. And again, Simon makes 12% of what Hornqvist makes and is a playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->