GDT: Pens @ Isles - Game 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Murray has been amazing tonight. We could have easily been down 3 goals after the 1st. Hell, he even made a great save on the 2nd goal but the defense blew the play.
Death, Taxes, SouthGeorge vilifying Letang, and RM vilifying Murray. These are the absolute truths of life.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Bleck319

Apr 12, 2019
It was a nice run, but they don’t have it this year.

The 2015-16 team was lightning fast. The 2016-17 team was gritty and had more offensive depth.

This team still has stars like Sid, Geno, Jake, Letang, and Kessel. Even Schultz and Dumo on D. But they simply don’t have the depth they had in previous years. Players like Horny and Cullen on the PK are over the hill and guys like Rust have regressed.

This team needs more speed on offensive and a big bruising defenseman to help Murray in front of the net. Heck, they also need more speed on D to prevent odd man rushes.

They have regressed from a great team to a good team, which isn’t going to win a cup. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Isles go deep into the playoffs.

Reactions: Vegeta

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
It’s just a shame that’s this is the kind of series that we have to endure for JR to get some balls and make the changes needed.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, but we're not the 2017 Penguins. Nowhere near that heart and patience.

We'll see how we hold up at home. Our crowd will be behind the team in a big way for game 3. Pittsburghers love an underdog.

Whats the vibe if we win the next 2? It's a new series then. We only need to find a way to win one game in New York. And we've had a legit chance to win both of these. So go home, regroup, and then whoever takes game 5 probably takes the series.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hope the Pens don't do a solid to the league on Sunday when they get all of the calls.

Screw them, give up some shorties and call it a short series.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah I am not mad either, this is just damn right hilarious! Like...how can you possibly be THIS bad? haha.
They are bad. I'm going to cook my lobster and clams without a care in the world. I love my penguins, but this is just so bad you have to laugh it off.

OH WELL.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The team that went on the last road trip might be able to beat these Isles. This one though with less structure, with Lestink and all the low iq behind him...it's been close but Isles have overcome and PIT's beating itself over and over. Can't get any momentum. Structure from that last road trip...totally gone.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
really want anyone complaining about Murray to tell me what goal of the 7 scored, that he should've stopped

hafaba

Dec 8, 2015
Vienna
This is just lazy hockey.
The pens can´t match the effort level of the islanders. no single player is playing with half the energy of the islanders players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->