Post-Game Talk: Pens/Isles Game 1: Home Ice + Good Matchup all for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t get the care that people have that we don’t get swept...who the f**k cares...I couldn’t care less how many games they win if they lose this series...they f**king lost the series then and are out of the POs...it’s not any better if they win a couple games in my mind...they’d still be f**king losers

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don’t get the care that people have that we don’t get swept...who the f**k cares...I couldn’t care less how many games they win if they lose this series...they f**king lost the series then and are out of the POs...it’s not any better if they win a couple games in my mind...they’d still be f**king losers
Agreed, but I'd like to make 10 grand if we do ending up losing in 5 to 7. Prime business opportunity with all the sky is falling people.

For the record I have us winning this series in 6 games.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Some of you just regurgitate what your favorite media member has to say.

I can show slow motion videos of virtually any goal in the nhl... and it would look “bad” for the goalie.

Jarry does not have a bad glove hand, he has a depth issue. Especially on that first one. He wasn’t “terrible”... and anyone who’s repeating this crap simply doesn’t know what they’re looking at. A puck zipping between the width between your head and shoulder blade is extremely hard to stop - in fact most goaltenders cannot get their glove up in time, if at all just due to ergonomics. The issue is he’s too deep in the net. He’s not the tallest guy and by proxy needs to be hyper aware of angles and depth. He’s doing everything right, not sinking into the butterfly, staying upright etc. Those pucks need to be stopped by a shoulder about 6 inches closer.

No I’m not a Jarry fan. In fact, I think the Pens probably need to go find another goaltender if they keep this team together. 1a - 1b

Regarding goaltending in this series... the worst thing that could have happened to the Penguins is Sorokin starting. He has all the makings of a goalie who can get hot and steal a series due to unfamiliarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So, in the best interests of hockey, the Pittsburgh Penguins must die.

Wow, is this guy a Flyers fan?

That article was weird for a lot of reasons, but the funny part to me was the whole "Pittsburgh's neither good or bad" and so there's no point in Crosby sticking around, but then he goes on to talk about imagine Crosby with the Habs versus another Canadian team. If the Pens are neither good nor bad, what the hell are the Habs? Even with Crosby they're ... the Penguins at best.

Seems more like a Montreal fan wanting to see Crosby play in Montreal than anything else.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That article was weird for a lot of reasons, but the funny part to me was the whole "Pittsburgh's neither good or bad" and so there's no point in Crosby sticking around, but then he goes on to talk about imagine Crosby with the Habs versus another Canadian team. If the Pens are neither good nor bad, what the hell are the Habs? Even with Crosby they're ... the Penguins at best.

Seems more like a Montreal fan wanting to see Crosby play in Montreal than anything else.
He's clearly a biased goof. And got some clicks for being such, haha

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Watching the game again, so many opportunities to blow this open in the 2nd. The PP, the Sid and Jake 2 on 1, etc. Things were going fine, but that Carter penalty was terrible.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I mean when you come on and troll people about Sid and Letang and Malkin and their “terrible leadership” people are going to call you on your shit. Calling you out when you are wrong isn’t attacking you. I mean Sid, Geno and Letang aren’t perfect but to say that they terrible leaders is just so wrong that you are going to get called out for spouting it. When they did win the cup in ‘16 and ‘17 was it only because of grizzled vets like Kunitz and Cullen?

The fact that you don't understand my opinion or disagree with it doesn't mean that I'm necessarily "trolling". Stop thinking in cliches. This is my honest opinion based on factual evidence, period.

Their leadership value can clearly be seen to any honest unbiased observer in a long history of pathetic anemic playoff losses in 2010-2015 and from 2018 onwards, always to lesser teams with less talent and star power on their rosters.

And - yes, in '15 and '16 Pens had a different leadership core. Those three "stars" played a secondary role in those teams, both in the locker room and on the scoreboard. Those teams fought like hell, never gave up even against the worst odds, worked their socks off every second of every game, finished their chances like vultures. Even when those teams lost, you felt hope. These Pens, led by 87, 71 and 58, are hopeless even when they seemingly play well (like in the 1st period of the game in question).

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Whatever playoff magic Sully had is long gone. Feels like we haven’t even won a game in the last 3 years. I like Sully but he has to be replaced after this exit

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
The thing is you don't actually present anything to "object" to. Your posts are insult-laced sentence after insult-laced sentence about how terrible our core guys are and how much they're horrible leaders/lack character.

Exactly what kind of actual discussion would you like to have when that's your entire schtick?

There's being frustrated with recent performance, and then there's over the top hysterics about how horrible our leaders are.

Well you can start by not discussing the poster if a post iun question wasn't about the poster.

If you have seen in the game in question any signs of outstading leadership from our stars that may inspire hope in me and and all of us, even despite the disappointing loss, you can present them to make the mood of the conversation more optimistic.

If you have nothing of essense to present and all you can discuss is alleged motives of another poster - then said poster's points are probably justified and valid, no matter how insult-laced they are.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
And I don't think I've ever seen a goalie 'duck' when a wrist shot is coming at him. I don't know if Jarry's afraid of the puck or what, but it's embarrasing.

Didn't Jarry go out because of an upper body injury last week? I wonder if he's in just because he's the "healthiest" of the two?

Reactions: Andy99

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
One other thing. Third year in a row they’ve opened with an OT loss in the playoffs.

Yeah. We all know how the last two went...

Reactions: Andy99

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
You'd think Sully would have learned not to play into a trapping team's hands by now. We have to be rock solid in game 2. F-king trap them back if that is what it takes. Also Jarry needs to find his game NOW.

Reactions: Angrrus

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
The goalie killed the confidence of the team. It's hard to take any risks at all when you're afraid that any shot from the opposition could go in. Thus their offense dries up.

One would think with the amount of "star power" they have, they could capitalize better on the chances they did have.

I mean, what does superstar skill mean if not that?

Super Luigi

Jul 13, 2019
I guarantee Jarry bounces back for game #2. He has a lot of heart and I see a lot of similarities with him and MAF in his early NHL seasons. I believe Jarry will be a franchise goalie like MAF is and I hope he gets all the necessary goalie coaching and support he needs here and not in some other organization.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Would they beat anyone if they got terrible goaltending?

At least they could have outscored a team that is less stingy defensively.

To create and score more on this team they need to work much harder and passionately, and they are clearly do not feel like doing that. They only want to score fancy goals. Not gonna work.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
If your fourth line LW has a really bad game, the team can usually get away with it. When your goalie lays a deuce, it costs you the game. It happens. Take a breath, everyone.

With that said, obviously being 1-10 in our last 11 playoff games isn't good. We need a W in Game 2.

This team has already wasted a few years of their window by sticking to this HC and this core who are obviously spent and washed out. Now it's another season in the trash been. It's sad.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Some of you just regurgitate what your favorite media member has to say.

I can show slow motion videos of virtually any goal in the nhl... and it would look “bad” for the goalie.

Jarry does not have a bad glove hand, he has a depth issue. Especially on that first one. He wasn’t “terrible”... and anyone who’s repeating this crap simply doesn’t know what they’re looking at. A puck zipping between the width between your head and shoulder blade is extremely hard to stop - in fact most goaltenders cannot get their glove up in time, if at all just due to ergonomics. The issue is he’s too deep in the net. He’s not the tallest guy and by proxy needs to be hyper aware of angles and depth. He’s doing everything right, not sinking into the butterfly, staying upright etc. Those pucks need to be stopped by a shoulder about 6 inches closer.

No I’m not a Jarry fan. In fact, I think the Pens probably need to go find another goaltender if they keep this team together. 1a - 1b

Regarding goaltending in this series... the worst thing that could have happened to the Penguins is Sorokin starting. He has all the makings of a goalie who can get hot and steal a series due to unfamiliarity.

It's even harder when the goalie is ducking to get out of the way....

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ownership is going to low dreadful if they lose in the first round for not firing Sully after the Habs series.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
This roster needs to prove they can win a playoff game again. Part of what scared me going into this. I also didn’t like having to face the Islanders and Trotz.

If you think about, there's been a lot of roster turnover in the last few years. They only common denominators who have been present every losing postseason since 2017 are the following:
Crosby
Malkin
Guentzel
Rust
Blueger
ZAR
Letang
Dumoulin
Sullivan

Somewhere herein lies the root of our postseason struggles.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Wait, we lost one game? Did anybody expect to sweep the series 4-0? I mean, it sucks, Jarry wasn't great on the goals, but he was great in many other occasion, he'll rebound, and the defence need a little more tighten up, and we will be fine.
And it was an afternoon game after a week hiatus, both are poison for the Penguins.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Starting to feel that way. 3rd year in a row where they don’t show up in the playoffs.

4th I would say.

IDK what else it must take for the brass to undestand that it's high time to let go of the HC and dismantle the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad