News Article: Pens hire new amateur scout Colin Alexander

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Thought Id start a new thread on here. I know a lot of fans from different teams like this type of news.

Colin Alexander has been Seattle Thunderbirds of WHL director of player personnel for past 17 years. Real good guy and you guys got yourself a smart hockey guy and hard worker.

Some more recent notable names he has drafted....

Mathew Barzal - ISLES(2015 1st)
Ryan Gropp - NYR(2015 2nd)
Brendan Dillon - SJS(free agent signing)
Shea Theodore - ANA(2013 1st)
Thomas Hickey - NYI(2007 1st)
Brock Boeser - VAN(2015 1st)
Calvin Pickard - COL(2010 2nd)
Dante Fabbro - '16 eligible

and many many more

great hiring you guys!!!!

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=5040290

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Winning-Marketing-Attitudes-Charlie-Sheen-Winning2-220x300.jpg

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I've only seen him 2 or 3 times, but Cal Pickard played like a guy who belongs in the Hall of Fame each of those times. I'm interested in seeing that guy get some more starts.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
The only name on this list I know well is Thomas Hickey, and he's a friend of mine. But the Kings drafted him 4th overall, which was a major surprise at the time and turned out to be a pretty massive blunder. If Hicks is one of the feathers in this guy's cap, that certainly doesn't speak well of him.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
The only name on this list I know well is Thomas Hickey, and he's a friend of mine. But the Kings drafted him 4th overall, which was a major surprise at the time and turned out to be a pretty massive blunder. If Hicks is one of the feathers in this guy's cap, that certainly doesn't speak well of him.

I don't think you understand. He drafted Hickey for the Thunderbirds of the WHL in their 2004 draft, not for the NHL Kings in 2007. For Seattle, he did fine, so fine even that LA drafted him 4th overall.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Feather in his major junior cap.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Wheres Hickey play with the Islanders? Third pair?

I'm not sure his role with them at this point, but he is a guy who analytics say is very underrated. For whatever that's worth. He's not a guy where I've been watching and been like "Oh hot damn this guy is something" but steady, safe guys normally aren't gonna make that kind of impression. He is a steady depth defensemen. He should not have been a 1st rounder but he seems like a serviceable, good player based on his metrics and from what I've seen of his play.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure his role with them at this point, but he is a guy who analytics say is very underrated. For whatever that's worth. He's not a guy where I've been watching and been like "Oh hot damn this guy is something" but steady, safe guys normally aren't gonna make that kind of impression. He is a steady depth defensemen. He should not have been a 1st rounder but he seems like a serviceable, good player based on his metrics and from what I've seen of his play.

Well he played 80 games two straight seasons so he must be pretty serviceable.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Extensive experience with the WHL is all that matters.
He drafted for 1 team there.
He'll be scouting all of the teams for Pens drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00