Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of top end speed and skill for some snarl.

Mhmm. I think Hextall will realize this team is too soft in short order if he doesn’t know it yet. Even in 2016 and 17 the Pens still had guys like Hornqvist, Kunitz, Cole, Rowney, Wilson. Bones wouldn’t hit but he’d break his legs trying to block shots.

What now, Tanev? Letang and Geno aren’t even as mean because they know that they initiate a scrum and come out injured.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Mhmm. I think Hextall will realize this team is too soft in short order if he doesn’t know it yet. Even in 2016 and 17 the Pens still had guys like Hornqvist, Kunitz, Cole, Rowney, Wilson. Bones wouldn’t hit but he’d break his legs trying to block shots.

What now, Tanev? Letang and Geno aren’t even as mean because they know that they initiate a scrum and come out injured.

Yeah the Pens don't really have much in the way of "skate through a wall/sacrifice your body for the win" types any more.

Like you said, Tanev's about it. It's why I'd like Bennett here if he could be had relatively cheaply.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
How’s about MuscleBob, one of the densest Russian stans I’ve ever talked to.

There needs to be a Poster Hall of Fame here.

I miss our QAnon guy who would get irrationally angry about the dumbest shit. I imagine his body is under @ColePens garden.

Or that guy from the old boards who tried to arrange a time and a place to fight me via DM.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

That group you mentioned isn't anything tougher than you have now. You mentioned only Cole on defense and Ceci and Matheson are both as tough as him. That forward group you mentioned aren't anything special in the tough department besides Hornqvist and he mostly was willing to take the punishment and Tanev actually is one of the top hitting forwards in the NHL. You can say we need to get tougher and that might be true but that 2016 team was not built on toughness and Rowney wasn't even a starter on that team and Wilson didn't even play in the playoffs for that team due to injury. Kunitz was also old and on his last leg. All give you Hornqvist and that is about it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There needs to be a Poster Hall of Fame here.

I miss our QAnon guy who would get irrationally angry about the dumbest shit. I imagine his body is under @ColePens garden.

Or that guy from the old boards who tried to arrange a time and a place to fight me via DM.

Some guy on here said I tried to hit on him over DMs thinking he was a woman, and made some pretty sexist accusations about what I said (something along the lines of "you know a lot about hockey for being a chick"), just because I called him out for being wrong about the Penguins acquiring Zucker. He was adamant that it was just Penguins fans obsessing over Zucker and we were idiots for talking about him, and he didn't take it well when I pointed it out to him that he was completely wrong about it :laugh:

No clue what his name was though, I promptly put him on ignor after that shit show and forgot about it after

I miss the doomer Till The End of Time

Was that the poster who had the Capitals owner as their profile picture and was always ultra negative about Crosby?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yeah the Pens don't really have much in the way of "skate through a wall/sacrifice your body for the win" types any more.

Like you said, Tanev's about it. It's why I'd like Bennett here if he could be had relatively cheaply.

Thats one thing about Hextall... he seems to have gotten the idea that tough doesn’t just equal big goon that fights... guys who play with heart and passion and tenacity... intimidation isn’t the key... its going all out for the win... ZAR isn’t that much different than hornqvist in the physical metrics except Horny left it all out on the ice and Zar doesn’t play like that...

We need more attitudes like tanev not just players that look like him on the roster breakdowns....

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
You guys’ll be sorry when they view POJ as expendable since Dumoulin and Petts are coming soon off injury.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Because the coach don’t like him.

The coach that should be out the league.

I mean Mantha is a defensive liability, but lol it's Detroit you're not gonna win anyway.

Looking at Mantha's Cap hit, not really interested. But he would be the Hornqvist we need on the PP.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That group you mentioned isn't anything tougher than you have now. You mentioned only Cole on defense and Ceci and Matheson are both as tough as him. That forward group you mentioned aren't anything special in the tough department besides Hornqvist and he mostly was willing to take the punishment and Tanev actually is one of the top hitting forwards in the NHL. You can say we need to get tougher and that might be true but that 2016 team was not built on toughness and Rowney wasn't even a starter on that team and Wilson didn't even play in the playoffs for that team due to injury. Kunitz was also old and on his last leg. All give you Hornqvist and that is about it.

I’m talking about the playoffs and both seasons. Ceci and Matheson aren’t tough in any sense. They aren’t Cole. Kunitz was old but still feisty when he wanted to be in the playoffs. Wilson played a ton in 2017. Rowney was specifically kept around in the Ottawa series because of his physicality. Even Cullen threw some big hits in 2017. Those teams played real hard in the playoffs, these guys couldn’t spell intense half the time, to borrow Burke’s phrase.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I bet he gets scratched when the D is healthy.

I get why people are pessimistic, but this is ridiculous.

POJ has been the best LD this year. They should actually think about putting Pets with Letang, POJ with Marino and Dumo with Ruh.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’m talking about the playoffs and both seasons. Ceci and Matheson aren’t tough in any sense. They aren’t Cole. Kunitz was old but still feisty when he wanted to be in the playoffs. Wilson played a ton in 2017. Rowney was specifically kept around in the Ottawa series because of his physicality. Even Cullen threw some big hits in 2017. Those teams played real hard in the playoffs, these guys couldn’t spell intense half the time, to borrow Burke’s phrase.

Ceci and Matheson have thrown some big hits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->