Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Penguins' started by BHD, Feb 10, 2021.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jaded-Fan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It has been what, three weeks now, and no trades that make me want to kick a puppy.

I am taking that as a win.

2. SEALBound Fancy Gina...mmmmm...

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If they can move a wing on this team and get a 1st and that 1st turns into a Tyler Seguin...I will accept.

3. Le Magnifique 66 Let's Go Pens

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Hey Hextall wake up man!!! JR would have already made 4 trades since you got hired and traded away our 1st round picks until 2026!!!

Andy99 likes this.
  4. 66-30-33 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    And that would be before morning breakfast.

Le Magnifique 66 likes this.
  5. Pens x Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think the man needs to start finding NHL players for the fourth line, at the very least. I’m not sure you need to see another game of Lafferty, Jank or Sceviour before you realize it’s a disaster.

I understand not wanting to deal Malkin or Letang right now, but the other weaknesses need to be addressed if you have any intention of competing this season, which I’m starting to question if they are really going for it this year.

6. Le Magnifique 66 Let's Go Pens

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    To be shocked, I think this seaon they will let things go and see where we are at more or less before trade deadline. That's when they'll decide which direction we should be headed..

7. YearsintheWilderness Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Burke is a blowhard. And like all blowhards, he can't handle criticism. He will double down and cut off his nose to spite his face instead of admitting he's wrong. He also loves the spotlight and being 'the man' (see his disastrous time in TO). He's likely to put his foot in it sooner or later.

But like all President of Hockey Operations/GM duos in the NHL, the questions are always: what duties are associated with each role/who has the final say/veto power (if any)? Teams with this kind of set-up seem reluctant to be transparent about answers to those questions. And even if they do provide information, it doesn't mean that's how it really plays out.

hockeywiz542 likes this.
  8. hockeywiz542 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Frank Seravalli: Friday Five - Alexis Lafreniere struggling through slow start - TSN.ca

3. Penguins goalie woes.

It’s hard to think of a more qualified man to fix what ails the Pittsburgh Penguins than newly hired GM Ron Hextall. The Pens rank 30th out of 31 teams in save percentage with a ghastly .881 mark. The league average this season is .903. Just playing at league average this season, or even slightly below it at .900, would have resulted in nine fewer goals to this point and pushed Pittsburgh’s goal different from minus-3 to plus-6. That is probably the difference between making and missing the playoffs in the razor-thin East Division, another reason why goaltending is Hextall’s first priority. There doesn’t appear to be an avenue open to pry Pittsburgh native John Gibson out of Anaheim. But would Darcy Kuemper fit the bill from Arizona?

9. Tender Rip Well balanced genius. Like, really smart.

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Frank Seravalli is and always was a nincompoop of the highest order.

HandshakeLine likes this.