Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'd imagine this will mean the end of Allvin here. He's been head scout for quite awhile. I can't imagine he'd be okay with someone else coming in and taking the draft over. Hard to tell how good he is since Pens never have any picks, but it's hard to argue with Hextall and Pryor's resume together. I also don't think it will be hard for Allvin to find an AGM role somewhere else, especially if JR pops up again this offseason.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd imagine this will mean the end of Allvin here. He's been head scout for quite awhile. I can't imagine he'd be okay with someone else coming in and taking the draft over. Hard to tell how good he is since Pens never have any picks, but it's hard to argue with Hextall and Pryor's resume together. I also don't think it will be hard for Allvin to find an AGM role somewhere else, especially if JR pops up again this offseason.
Allvin will run the baby Pens.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'm glad we have someone like Hextall at the helm here, the next couple years are going to incredibly important ones.

If the team needs to blown up or simply retooled, we need a smart, patient GM to handle it considering the lack of assets we have.

JR was a gunslinger, and his moves worked out beautifully for a year or two, but then the magic touch was gone and he was left constantly trying new things hoping something would stick. We don't have enough assets to be able to afford that many mistakes anymore, if the franchise is going to remain competitive or rebuild competently, every piece we have will need to be well utilized.

I'm about 1000x more optimistic about the future of this franchise than I was with JR in charge.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
With Tampa's cap situation, Palat might actually be pretty cheap. Salary would have to go out some other way though.

Tampa has no cap situation until the summer (when perhaps some player magically goes on IR to take care of that).

Reactions: mpp9

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would think, or at least hope, that would trigger a complaint. At the very least from whoever TB is facing in the playoffs.

Only thing is, I remember looking into his injury and the average recovery times. They likely line up "well enough". But yeah, I get what you're saying.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

yea I think it seems natural for he and Ventura to bounce imo.

Although I guess Allvin has been with the org for 15 years across 3 GMs I believe, so who knows.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pens 2022 draft will be like Bruins 2006 draft (Marchand, Kessel, Lucic). Going to be epic!

images

Dancing Unicorn agrees.

Reactions: 66-30-33

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wanna bet $50k SB Cash that Kucherov is ready to go 100% Game 1 of the playoffs this year?

Yes, I'll bet you $50k SB Cash that Kucherov is ready to go 100% Game 1 of the playoffs this year. :razz:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think Allvin will be here as he brings the Euro contacts that Hextall may not have. Pens have broadened the scouting landscape with Allvin in charge so I hope he continues in that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad