Confirmed with Link: Pens have signed college FA forward Jake Lucchini to a one-year deal

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Free stuff! But he looks quick, although it's a bit hard to see. Sure why not.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Hope this means the Pens have their eye on MT players. Particularlly next years Dmen.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know that part in Guardians of the Galaxy where Peter uses his Starlord name and the other dude is like, “Who????”... thats where I am with this signing, lol

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Nico Sturm, Clarkson Golden Knights, is the one UDFA I hope the Penguins get. Not a flashy signing but a kid I think could make a NHL team as defensive 3rd/4th line center down the line. Very good defensive forward with good size for the center position at 6-3, 205 lbs.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Nico Sturm, Clarkson Golden Knights, is the one UDFA I hope the Penguins get. Not a flashy signing but a kid I think could make a NHL team as defensive 3rd/4th line center down the line. Very good defensive forward with good size for the center position at 6-3, 205 lbs.

He is also german which is a plus to me :D

Reactions: EightyOne

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Or expecting a main stay NHL’er out of the kid, and frankly know next to nothing about him, but Pittsburgh has done very well with NCAA signings over the years. Hopefully the kid plays his way into a role.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He is also german which is a plus to me :D

The long lost great grandson of Heinrich von Ofterdingen.

novalis.jpg

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
The long lost great grandson of Heinrich von Ofterdingen.

novalis.jpg

Man the Ofterdingen dynasty surely produced two great hockey players with Marco and Nico Sturm. As a history student I should probably write a paper about it. May I quote you for my paper? Pretty sure my lecturer will accept one of his colleagues as a source

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We’re going to to have a shit-ton of forward prospects in WB/S next year. No blue chippers, but maybe we get lucky and get a Rust and a ZAR out of the group, and a couple others are small pieces in key trades.

Reactions: Peat

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
We’re going to to have a ****-ton of forward prospects in WB/S next year. No blue chippers, but maybe we get lucky and get a Rust and a ZAR out of the group, and a couple others are small pieces in key trades.

This board doesn't seem to want another ZAR though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We’re going to to have a ****-ton of forward prospects in WB/S next year. No blue chippers, but maybe we get lucky and get a Rust and a ZAR out of the group, and a couple others are small pieces in key trades.

I would honestly be a little upset if Johnson/Angello/Lafferty/Miletic/Lucchini/Bellerive/Almeida/Drozg/Bjorkqvist/Hallander only amounted to a Rust and a ZAR. That's a lot of guys at a pretty advanced level and I'd say at least three of them have higher than Rust ceilings. I don't know what sort of probabilities are in place for where they are (except I think 50% of players who've done what Hallander did in their draft season went on to be NHL players and he's already improved on it) but they've got to be okay at this stage.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He played C his first pro game with Hayes on RW and Hayes got a hat trick. Good start. Heh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad