Post-Game Talk: Pens/Habs Game 3: Yikes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Mario could get Jeff Bezos rich if he opened a “Kick Jack Johnson in the Groin” booth after they get back from the bubble.

Charge people $100 a go. It would be like what Nashville does destroying a car during playoff matchups, only more fun.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Crosby doesn't seem to have much of any burst right now. Not sure if it has to with the core injury, age, or a combination of both. Regardless, being the biggest guy on his line is not doing him any good, even if that's his preference.

Scary that his abdominal issues aren’t behind him even with the layoff. I think the chances of winning with a less than generally healthy Sid is very low, so I’m really fine if the Pens lose here. That said, he’s still been pretty good.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Scary that his abdominal issues aren’t behind him even with the layoff. I think the chances of winning with a less than generally healthy Sid is very low, so I’m really fine if the Pens lose here. That said, he’s still been pretty good.

Even Crosby being less than 100% doesn't justify them losing to the 24th place team.

Reactions: Angrrus

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah, Sid has been more than good enough this series that most others doing their jobs should've resulted in more wins.

It's fair to think though that given age and the recent core issue that he can no longer carry dead weight on his line (i.e. Sheary and Simon) even if those are his preferred options.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nobody's played in 5 months. We don't have a 3rd line. Our bottom pairing is actively killing this team whenever they're on the ice. The power play has been brutal. Geno's been snakebit like crazy.

I mean, it's not a huge surprise that we're losing to the Habs. Just like it wasn't a huge surprise we lost to the Isles.

If you think it's embarrassing being down 2-1 to the Habs, you may want to skip the 1st round if we manage to claw our way back and qualify for the playoffs. Whoever we play with make that Isles series look like a cakewalk.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It's fair to think though that given age and the recent core issue that he can no longer carry dead weight on his line (i.e. Sheary and Simon) even if those are his preferred options.

I don’t think Sheary has been deadweight, he just can’t finish. He’s still involved out there.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don’t think Sheary has been deadweight, he just can’t finish. He’s still involved out there.

He can barely stay on his feet, and a top liner needs to be able to finish, especially against the 24th place team. Playing corsi champions like Sheary and Simon on the top line is part of the reason the Penguins have only 1 win in their last 9 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad