Post-Game Talk: Pens go up in flames on their road to 3 wins. Calgary 5 - Pens 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Geno is pc > console? get out!
52156652_552229155275544_8145993960397996032_n.png

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ruhwedel against the Flames

22 shot attempts for and 14 against. 61%. Top defenseman
13 scoring chances for and 7 against. Top defenseman
5 high danger chances for, 2 against. Top defenseman

Yet we are playing another D man just because he brings a physical presence and nothing more, a supposed defensive defenseman who doesn’t actually help our defense...go figure....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Entire Canes team doing the limbo for the post game celebration and the crowd going crazy.
I don't care but that is f***ing awesome.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yet we are playing another D man just because he brings a physical presence and nothing more, a supposed defensive defenseman who doesn’t actually help our defense...go figure....

Huh that's weird, I swear Ruhwedel played today. That's so weird that they apparently scratched him for Johnson.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

The Penguins Director of Scouting and Advanced Stat Reporting is deciphering this as we speak.

images

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
And I check the CBJ game and they are up 4-2 on the black hawks in the 3rd...
LORD CAN WE GET A BREAK

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
*clap*. *clap*. *clap*. *clap*.
*Aho moves at the speed of light, team leaders woo on the crowd, crowd loses their ****...*
“...Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”
*Sully loses his ****, team is high stressed. Carolina is loose, free and having fun*
April rolls around.
Caps-CBJ.
Bee’s-Toronto.
NYI-Habs
TBL-Carolinasuperfunhouse.
Caps win the cup again. Or the B’s, because Boston Sports.

Reactions: shoplifter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
D pairs should be...
Dumo-Letang
Riikola/Petts-Schultz
Riikola/Petts-Ruhwedel

Neat. That doesn't really have to do with what I posted, though. Complaining about Johnson by saying "Ruhwedel played well" is just weird, because Johnson didn't push Ruhwedel out of the lineup.

I find it funny how there seems to be a massive difference for how the Penguins players, coaches and management view Johnson vs how the fans view him. I'm not saying either is right or wrong, I just find it humorous for how different the opinions seem to be.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Does Phil suck at ES now?

"Suck" is strong. But for being irreplaceable he isn't actually good at 5-on-5.

Anyway, for this game:
  • Sid was great
  • ZAR was our 2nd best player
  • You won't win if ZAR is your 2nd best player
  • Malkin really came alive and went into God mode in the 3rd which was great to see
  • Letang and Dumo were brutal
  • Bjug and Phil...BLEH
  • Hornqvist on the PP is good. 5-on-5, he's questionable at this point. If we miss the playoffs or get embarrassed in the first round I could easily us moving on.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
*clap*. *clap*. *clap*. *clap*.
*Aho moves at the speed of light, team leaders woo on the crowd, crowd loses their ****...*
“...Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”
*Sully loses his ****, team is high stressed. Carolina is loose, free and having fun*
April rolls around.
Caps-CBJ.
Bee’s-Toronto.
NYI-Habs
TBL-Carolinasuperfunhouse.
Caps win the cup again. Or the B’s, because Boston Sports.

San Jose, the Stanley Cup is yours! East is gonna choke!

etD9FV.gif

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I ****ing love that team.
I been watching them since this week when I can and they look good, they're having fun, and they are winning... and that crowd response is impressive.

Having a fun team to watch seem like days long past.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Neat. That doesn't really have to do with what I posted, though. Complaining about Johnson by saying "Ruhwedel played well" is just weird, because Johnson didn't push Ruhwedel out of the lineup.

Fine..I was doing both—praising Ruh and sticking it to JJ...I’m allowed...my posts don’t have to involve only one thought...my brain can actually hold two thoughts simultaneously....they are tangentially related because some D man has to sit each game

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I been watching them since this week when I can and they look good, they're having fun, and they are winning... and that crowd response is impressive.

Having a fun team to watch seem like days long past.
Couldn’t name a single player on that squad besides Aho but good for them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Couldn’t name a single player on that squad besides Aho but good for them.
I know they have Staal justin williams and Myrazek (sp), and that Aho guy I just heard of recently.

Mannnnn years ago when I played the NHL 2k series (EA SUCKS) I used to know every player on every team... not any more...

Reactions: Rossi Rat

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So the past several years the pens have had disinterested portions of the year and have been out of ornearly out of a playoff spot later in the season then go on a run and make it... this roster isn’t built to play passive or defensive hockey... they have to control the puck in the opposing offensive zone and they have keep pressure on the other team...

That’s impossible when most of the team takes turns playing indifferently

When they are shotblocking, hustling to pucks, forechecking with heart, moving their feet on the power play and pk... they look like what they are, one of the best teams in the NHL, when they don’t they areaverage and we get to bitch about defensive lapses and goaltending

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
So ah is this officially the farthest into a season in the Crosby era that the Penguins find themselves sitting outside a playoff spot?

It always feels like they have turned it on by now..

Edit:Minus his first year of course.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So ah is this officially the farthest into a season in the Crosby era that the Penguins find themselves sitting outside a playoff spot?

If it makes you feel better the lightning are roughly 4 points out of clinching a playoff spot.... with 23 f***ing games left.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016

Edit:Minus his first year of course.

Someone said they had to win against BUF a couple years ago in game 82 to get in...so...not the worst.

Here: 14-15
Penguins clinch playoff berth with win in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad