Post-Game Talk: Pens/Flyers - Insert groaning here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
We literally have the same results as last year, but for totally different reasons.

I don’t get it!

The in the pre-season we had both Letang and EK on the PP.

Time to go back to that!

Hey…at least we can stop blaming Jarry for the moment.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We literally have the same results as last year, but for totally different reasons.

I don’t get it!

The in the pre-season we had both Letang and EK on the PP.

Time to go back to that!

Hey…at least we can stop blaming Jarry for the moment.

I just cancelled The Athletic, kind of had enough of the shitty Penguins coverage there, they're just FSG Mouth pieces on there that really don't offer anything but "Blame everyone else except Mike Sullivan" as a narrative. The discussion was putting Letang and EK back on the powerplay together, which is fine, but the blame was being quickly shifted to Reirden all the while the quotes they got about it were from Sullivan and needing to try this and that, so while everyone wants to blame Reirden, that's not 100% on him. Sullivan has had these issues for half of his time in Pittsburgh where the Penguins were worse than 14th for 5 seasons out of his 9 here.

There's only so much you can blame on Assistant Coaches before you finally just run out of blame for everyone else but the person that is the main f***ing problem. I don't understand how Harkins keeps getting chances, Pitlick should have had the next call-up over him, then when they needed another body on top of needing to keep Harkins, they went with Koppanen for size, then played him only 7mins, why even bother?

This coach has 9 years worth of some of the most dumb ass moves, but he Bylsma's his way into a winning season, getting hyped like Tomlin while being so far away from the success of their cup(s). As for Jarry...

Jarry was hardly the one to blame for the most part when blokes did want to blame him. Last year he was thrown a heavy work load while never being healthy and the coach knew that and kept playing him a ton anyway and then acted frustrated about Jarry needing time to recover from an injury later in the season, you'd think a coach would see his #1 isn't healthy and play the back-up a little more and find the opportunity to call up a 3rd goalie and just give his #1 time, but nope. The last few seasons, it was important to have Jarry be healthy and the year he's playing through a bad enough injury he kept playing him to 47 games, which was only because there was that stretch where he just wasn't ready and Sullivan looked visibly annoyed by that, like the nerve of a player being hurt and trying to take time to be healthy enough to play for his coach all the while knowing he is struggling with his mobility because of it.

He's doing it again with over playing his goalie, in the last 11 games, Jarry has started 9, he's played 18 games and Ned has only played 4, that's idiotic.

Ned has earned more than 4 games, since he has been healthy, you'd want to get him more games to make sure your tandem is solid, but nope, not in Sully's pea brain. I'm sure we'll see Ned in the game tomorrow, the last time Ned played was against Buffalo, November 24th.

Which is just so idiotic to me...

Ned plays Vegas, Jarry plays NYR, then Ned back for Buffalo, then Jarry had Leafs, Preds, Tampa, and Flyers. I feel like maybe the Preds game should have at least been Ned.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
-Jarry Blocker

Are you talking about the 3rd regulation goal?

Seriously, Smith is the worst player on ice, every single game, for a month. Graves being the same story. Malkin looks totally washed up too, his defensive play is terrible and that line can´t create much offense either, so it´s just pain.

I've been calling Smith a ghost for the past couple of weeks. People don't want to agree because L2 has potted a few goals. But they've been atrocious in their own end.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Are you talking about the 3rd regulation goal?

I've been calling Smith a ghost for the past couple of weeks. People don't want to agree because L2 has potted a few goals. But they've been atrocious in their own end.

Yes, the 3rd goal was a softie to high blocker. A theme with TJ.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Yes, the 3rd goal was a softie to high blocker. A theme with TJ.

Disagree here. On first watch I thought that was a weak goal for him to allow too.

But upon further review, Ludvig very much screens Jarry with is feet and he can't get a good read on the shot.
Around the 6:50 mark below is the replay sequence. If Ludvig just stays where he's at and boxes out, Jarry has a clean view and I think he stops it

Also note that this is a RHS so Jarry can't cheat to his short side (both glove and blocker side are a threat). If this was a LHS coming at him, this is a brutal goal to allow. But he has to respect that this could go either side.

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad