Pens fan here: Come to Pay Tribute

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I come here, not in peace. I seek no quarter. Nor shall we grant it in Pittsburgh.

I come to pay tribute to one of the leagues best color commentators, Paul Woods.
I appreciate his breadth of knowledge and his unique insights. :handclap: If not the best, he is certainly among the very best in the league.

BTW, I have a warm spot for the '83 Red Wings. Kelly Kisio, Ron Duguay, Steve Yzerman et al. were one of the first teams I saw the Pens play against at the Igloo (Civic Arena). Good memories. Good times.

All hail to Paul Woods.

And may the Red Wings barely make the playoffs this year ... and forever be condemned to mediocrity.

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I come here, not in peace. I seek no quarter. Nor shall we grant it.

I come to pay tribute to one of the leagues best color commentators, Paul Woods.
I appreciate his breadth of knowledge and his unique insights. :handclap: If not the best, he is certainly among the very best in the league.

BTW, I have a warm spot for the '83 Red Wings. Kelly Kisio, Ron Duguay, Steve Yzerman et al. were one of the first teams I saw the Pens play against at the Igloo (Civic Arena). Good memories. Good times.

All hail to Paul Woods.

And may the Red Wings barely make the playoffs this year ... and forever be condemned to mediocrity.

I just read Woods was the youngest captain of the Wings before Yzerman, didn't know that.

I think he and Kalczynski have almost comical voices they're so unique. Paul Woods talks so freaking fast- in one breath he'll say, "Zetterberg is playing well putting up x shots per game with new linemates x and x they've done a great job neutralizing x top offensive line..."- seriously in one monotone breath! I think it's because Kal has too much energy and is also a fast-talker, hard to get a word in edgewise. I can pull off a pretty hilarious imitation of their PBP. :)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Paul and Ken are a good combo. Paul has a classic voice and like everyonelikeshockey mentioned, he can talk. My only issue with him is his postgame comments where he'll literally name every line and forward and say they had a good game. Granted, I'm watching more games than I'm in a vehicle for, but every time I listen it's the same. No Paul, not every player was good tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad