Post-Game Talk: Pens/Devils: A Penguins 7 day trip to a warm place in hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ (Devils) Come on.. hatty on cancer night. Good on Boyle.

- (Pens) Everything. They went out last Tuesday and demolished the Isles but lost. That completely broke them. They've been pathetic since.

+ (Pens) Nothing. Sid and Geno were brutal and the team followed their lead.

So let's have discussions because this game was a dumpster fire and especially our two best players. The fact Murray kept us from having a 10 goal beat down is saying something.

Sully needs to make changes and it's not just juggling lines. He built a culture on accountability and it's been thrown in the shitter as these stars and his former Cup winning players are given passes and guys like Sprong/Simon are whipped around for a few bad turnovers. For a culture to work, everyone has to adhere to the culture. This isn't a pick and choose situation. Geno and Sid should be embarrassed for their recent efforts. As I wrote on the GDT, in regards to Sully needing to change:

We make it out to be an easy job, but the #1 toughest job in the world was adapting to change when you were the change of the entire game of hockey. No joke - you could probably make 2-3 NHL teams with the ham/eggers that were let go in order to get young fast players into lineups. In 2 years, everything changed, and we were the reason why. So the gap was DEFINITELY going to close in the speed game. No doubt about it. So the next step was to think ahead of the curve. I think the best solution to beating these speed teams is to take the Caps route from last year. Close it up and transition with speed as opposed to trying to be just as fast. It's a GREAT concept. One the Pens should have taken first.

So stop juggling lines and hoping for the best. Make structural changes and rebuild the culture. This even goes back to Maatta not being sat to start the season. Riikola deserved a sweater in the opening night. Not saying he deserved to keep the sweater with his play, but you should have rewarded effort in camp/preseason. Sully didn't. And if you don't think it has an affect on the culture, you are crazy. And it's stayed consistently poor ever since. You cannot pick and choose favorites. If you do, you start to lose the team. He's losing this team.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Welcome to the beginning of the end of the empire...

1*kHq9PJdA56Vtnxk1i9Bamw.jpeg

Rome is burning...like Nero playing music, the Pens leader is juggling lines...

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Can't wait for the tough talking post game interviews. Might almost be time for a players only meeting - those always send a message to the public that a team means business.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
They skated circles around us like they did last season. This result shouldn't have been surprising.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Can't wait for the tough talking post game interviews. Might almost be time for a players only meeting - those always send a message to the public that a team means business.
“Tough talking”?

Probably be more like “got to play the right way”...

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
At least this trash effort is coming at a time where we still got a decent record and the Metro is in turmoil (although I think our luck is running out in that regard).

It's fully salvageable. I'd definitely look into new assistant coaches though. I'm worried Recchi's untouchable though because he's one of Mario's boys.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only positive I can come up with is that the Johnson-Letang pair was encouraging, and I think the defense falls into place way better with Dumoulin and Letang on different pairs. Letang and Dumoulin are both good enough to carry their own pairs and Maatta should be good enough to carry the bottom pair, so I think splitting Dumoulin and Letang may help the defense a lot.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Nowhere near as bad as some people want to make it.

And I would say a number of our issues are roster related.

I don’t understand how we are paying Maatta and Johnson 7.25 mil and they can’t even be a number 4.
well when bibs disagree with you and even the post game shills, than you may reconsider your statement, nice try though

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I believe you are joking, but if not - I've heard that one PLENTY of times on this board. And I cannot wait to rub it in your face when this team goes on another run. :yo:

Beware. I don't consider making playoffs a success. Or losing to eventual SC winners.

They'll need a hell of a f***ing run..

Lol

Reactions: Angrrus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad