Post-Game Talk: Pens decide to walk through a Hurricane holding on to knives and grenades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah I usually never play from the tips on courses unless I'm paired with someone who's doing it. Golf's tough enough. If I suddenly start making courses my ****, then yeah, I'll move back.

Sidehill lies are rough. I won't play certain courses because of it. Nuke a drive down the pipe and get rewarded for it by rolling off the fairway and/or playing your approach shot where the ball is at your freaking belly button. That's where my younger self will come out and start mfing things.

I love visiting my Uncle in Ocean City, MD. Flat lies all day every day.

I played Hickory Heights recently. It was like being punched in the face on each hole. Really it was the equivalent of the game we just saw today. Wouldn't recommend.

If you're near the airport, you're not far at all from Firestone Farms in Eastern Ohio. Like 40 minute drive. That place is awesome and pretty cheap. I highly recommend.

Reactions: Shady Machine

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Will be interesting offseason when pens dont make the playoffs. They have 5 point cushion on 3 teams (wild card + one on the outside) and when they continue to play this way for 2-3 more games, they could be outside looking in. How last 10 games have gone, I would be shocked if they actually make it. Other than Geno, no one gives a crap any more. Sid checked out, Tang is playing like usual crap this time last year and into the playoffs, same mistakes that they were making last year that cost them sweep in the 1st round are back. Like I asked before, what are going to be our excuses when both Dumo and Marino come back, and they are still playing like shit?

And just for the hell of it, Kahun has 4 points in 5 games with Buffalo, playing 3rd line minutes, while our savior Sheary has 4 in 7 games, glued to Sid's hip. Thanks Sully for being a f***tard and doing whatever you could to get rid of actually good player and bring your nephew in law back here. I dont care what he did, as far as I am concerned Sully has overstayed his welcome and needs to go. No one cares any more, he has lost this room, killed goalie rotation, and now we are stuck with goalie who had shit season most of the year (MM) and goalie who played great but got dicked around, cause why not. Pens lost several good players because he had dislike for them for no reason at all, all the while fringe NHL players get chance after chance again for no reason at all. No idea when and why he turned into DB 2.0, but he may be now be making even worse decisions than DB did. Never thought I would say that, but here we are.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I'm trying to remember if Bjugstad has done anything memorable since coming back besides just be there...

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I'm trying to remember if Bjugstad has done anything memorable since coming back besides just be there...

Idk if anyone else caught it, but Errey was talking about "finding the right guys that fit the system"and mid sentence the camera switched shots to, and zoomed in on Bjugstad. I got a good laugh out of it.

I am giving him benefit of the doubt as he's probably still trying to get up to speed. There are real concerns that he doesn't fit the system, but he's not a plug, and hopefully he can start contributing.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I played Hickory Heights recently. It was like being punched in the face on each hole. Really it was the equivalent of the game we just saw today. Wouldn't recommend.

If you're near the airport, you're not far at all from Firestone Farms in Eastern Ohio. Like 40 minute drive. That place is awesome and pretty cheap. I highly recommend.

Hickory Heights is an abomination. Can't remember the other with crazy ass sidehill lies. Ponderosa? I literally never played there again. Tiger Woods offering to give me an 18 hole lesson there won't convince me otherwise.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Hickory Heights is an abomination. Can't remember the other with crazy ass sidehill lies. Ponderosa? I literally never played there again. Tiger Woods offering to give me an 18 hole lesson there won't convince me otherwise.

I enjoyed my round there, but It was a scramble. I could see how tat would be an easy track to get frustrated with by yourself.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
This team is so, so, so bad right now. PP stinks, 5v5 is terrible, goaltending?. Averaging 4.0 GA to 2.3 GF over the last 10 games. We don't win a single playoff game like this, and unfortunately this team is going to have to try harder to not make them. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs now.
Need our best players to be our "BEST" players. They have consistently been our worst this stretch.

We also continue to sit Rikkola in preference of JJ or Shultz. Seriously, WTF have they contributed to? Schultz has worst +- on D corp yet plays?

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Will be interesting offseason when pens dont make the playoffs. They have 5 point cushion on 3 teams (wild card + one on the outside) and when they continue to play this way for 2-3 more games, they could be outside looking in. How last 10 games have gone, I would be shocked if they actually make it. Other than Geno, no one gives a crap any more. Sid checked out, Tang is playing like usual crap this time last year and into the playoffs, same mistakes that they were making last year that cost them sweep in the 1st round are back. Like I asked before, what are going to be our excuses when both Dumo and Marino come back, and they are still playing like shit?

And just for the hell of it, Kahun has 4 points in 5 games with Buffalo, playing 3rd line minutes, while our savior Sheary has 4 in 7 games, glued to Sid's hip. Thanks Sully for being a f***tard and doing whatever you could to get rid of actually good player and bring your nephew in law back here. I dont care what he did, as far as I am concerned Sully has overstayed his welcome and needs to go. No one cares any more, he has lost this room, killed goalie rotation, and now we are stuck with goalie who had shit season most of the year (MM) and goalie who played great but got dicked around, cause why not. Pens lost several good players because he had dislike for them for no reason at all, all the while fringe NHL players get chance after chance again for no reason at all. No idea when and why he turned into DB 2.0, but he may be now be making even worse decisions than DB did. Never thought I would say that, but here we are.
Relax. If you're comparing Sullivan to Bylsma then you need to give your head a shake and forget about the Pens for a bit. Sheary and the goalies have nothing to do with this crap play. Sheary has actually been pretty good. 87 is bad right now and so is half the D. Add in the forwards losing in any interest in defense and this is what you get. For God's sake, its not like Kahun was some gamebreaker.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
DK’s article is superficial BS...yes, the core had giveaways, maybe even half of them. But does he ever ask the question why? It’s not cause their bad at hockey or don’t care...could it be, maybe, that they feel they have to do too much or overcompensate for the people around them because they don’t trust them completely...to score, to make plays, to transition the puck etc..idk, think about it, maybe look a little deeper. I hate these “ah ha” articles that try to slam players

You're asking the local media to look deeper at issues? That's like asking Sesame Street to delve into adult subject matters.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yes. Jack Johnson is barely an NHLer. Schultz has been terrible for a year +. Do you think these players are just going to be magic if a new coach comes in?

I have faith in Tanev, Teddy and McCann turning it around, but Jarry was always a mirage. People seem to forget the only reason he was in the NHL was because of the cap this year.

Not that I'm going to blame goalies with the current state of the team, but I find it hilarious how the same people who rip Murray for every goal against are defending Jarry like he's their first-born with "The defense is lousy in front of him. They're leaving him out to dry!" defense when they refuse to use the same excuse for Murray.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Relax. If you're comparing Sullivan to Bylsma then you need to give your head a shake and forget about the Pens for a bit. Sheary and the goalies have nothing to do with this crap play. Sheary has actually been pretty good. 87 is bad right now and so is half the D. Add in the forwards losing in any interest in defense and this is what you get. For God's sake, its not like Kahun was some gamebreaker.
You're tip toeing around the fact that it's coaching right now, it's been a season + of bizarre line-up choices and the right kind of adjustments to the way this team plays and motivating them/getting them out of funks like this this team hasn't seen in a DECADE.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
DK did confirm they had a players only meeting after the game too.

And he only says that Letang and Malkin bolted.

Is what it is.

I wouldn't wanna deal with our cesspool media either. But at the same time as a team leader you gotta take them lashings sometimes.

Hopefully the player meeting does something to spark this team.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, blaming goaltending for this shit is extremely shortsighted. I am anti-Murray here but while he is not a savior and while he certainly is not a solution or even close to it.. it is also obvious that we can have Patrick Roy or Dominik Hasek there and we still gotta allow 4+ goals. Same goes for Jarry lately. He is not good but if the team in front starts to actually play smart hockey he is not gonna lose them those games. Same with Murray. It doesnt matter who is in the net now, its team in front of them killing those goalies. Benching Schultz is not gonna happen and its not even close to being a solution but its such an obvious start. But its not gonna happen so its hard to believe that something else is gonna change with this broken team. I mean, its like when you have to clean the whole big house. You should start with simple washing of dishes but you cant even do that. Washing the dishes is not a solution but its a little start. You are not able to do that so its like 99,99% obvious that you are not gonna be able to clean the house.

Last edited:

reino

Jul 20, 2019
It's not about caring what they say but rather their actions which say a lot.
Crosby, Malkin and Letang has earned every benefit of the doubt. Their season isn't over yet and they have very tight schedule coming up. Next couple weeks we once again will see what they are made of. Excuses means nothing at this point

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
zach-aston-reese.jpg

All will be well.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Crosby, Malkin and Letang has earned every benefit of the doubt. Their season isn't over yet and they have very tight schedule coming up. Next couple weeks we once again will see what they are made of. Excuses means nothing at this point

All that's true too.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
As mystified as I was at times with how they were winning games, dominantly so, with so many injuries, I'm equally as mystified now by how the team has taken a complete nosedive straight into darkness.

In57km2.gif

Last edited:

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
They must ANSWER to the high council of FANS for their SIIIIIIIINS!

Depending on how it looks/works with media in NHL dressing rooms. If the leaders bolt, does the media then turn to other players for questions?

In that case, it can (depending on room dynamics) by shitty from the leaders of the team to throw others (like a rookie?) to the wolves.

Reactions: Hungamania

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The post game interview is not as serious or insightful as people, DK mainly--that dorkass, seems to think. :laugh:

All we're missing by not getting them yesterday is some robotic answers, taken from a board of cliches, spoken through a thinly veiled tone of frustration.

"How does it feel to suck for a month and a half, Kris?"
"We, uh, we know things are bad. We have to play better as a team. We need to focus on the basics, keep our feet moving. Get better in our own zone, help our goalies out. They've been great for us, but we're leaving them out to dry. Gotta keep things simple on the PP, just find the back of the net. Can't keep wasting the man-advantage like we have been."

You're all welcome.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad