Pens-Caps....WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So we know the Caps owner has been sounding the conspiracy alarm for years, blaming the NHL as being in the can for the Pens to win-as if luck is the Caps problem.

But once again, the NHL schedule comes out, and just like pretty much every season the past decade:
-The Pens will be at the Caps on weeknight only AND in the first two months of the season

-The Caps will be at the Pens on the weekend & latter in the season.

My first reaction, this is ********
Seems to me owner Ted is going out of his way to make artificially deflate the amount of Pens fans in DC as much as possible (by having them on weeknights, early season) & artifically inflate the miniscule amount of Caps fans in PIT by having them there on weekends late season.

Cut the crap NHL, I'm sick of this baby's tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
First off, teams can make special requests regarding the schedule. Perhaps the Pens requested playing the Caps on weekends because they know that'll maximize revenue. I know for a fact that Columbus requested they play the Pens at home every season back when they were in the West because of the revenue.

Second, the Caps have to share their arena with the Washington Wizards. The Penguins don't share PPG Paints Arena with an NBA team (or other major league professional team). This means scheduling games on weekends for the Caps will be more difficult than for the Pens.

Third, uh ok?

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Who wants to watch Pens-Caps if all their top guys are off playing in the Olympics?

turd

Feb 1, 2013
OP needs a tissue.

Pens have 19 back to backs next season. Most in the NHL coming off of over 200 games in the last two seasons. It is what it is. Championship teams play through those challenges. Loser teams ***** and complain.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Holy **** is this taking the conspiracy garbage to a whole new level. First of all, this is entirely insignificant ****... if you look hard enough you can find random **** like this on everyone's schedule. Two, do you think any of this actually impacts the games on the ice by having a marginally few extra fans in the stands? Thirdly, the regular season has never been the issue for the caps. All 3 series in the Sid/Geno/Ovi era have been with the Caps with home ice as the #1 seed... so what the **** difference would any of this make anyway?

Actually trying to justify the conspiracy theories is insane to begin with... but then coming up with entirely new ones that are even more bizarre is truly scary.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
after a full read of op i rescind my original comment and will replace it with the following:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Holy **** is this taking the conspiracy garbage to a whole new level. First of all, this is entirely insignificant ****... if you look hard enough you can find random **** like this on everyone's schedule. Two, do you think any of this actually impacts the games on the ice by having a marginally few extra fans in the stands? Thirdly, the regular season has never been the issue for the caps. All 3 series in the Sid/Geno/Ovi era have been with the Caps with home ice as the #1 seed... so what the **** difference would any of this make anyway?

Actually trying to justify the conspiracy theories is insane to begin with... but then coming up with entirely new ones that are even more bizarre is truly scary.

I think the OP is actually a Pens fan complaining about Leonsis scheduling Pens games in DC on weekdays to minimize Pens fans in the building. It makes absolutely 0 sense, and I'm not sure why anyone would complain about such a thing.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I think the OP is actually a Pens fan complaining about Leonsis scheduling Pens games in DC on weekdays to minimize Pens fans in the building. It makes absolutely 0 sense, and I'm not sure why anyone would complain about such a thing.

Yeah he is... but that doesn't help whatsoever. It's a completely bizarre idea and just perpetuates this conspiracy theory nonsense.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
question for op.

how many pens fans are needed in dc to have a direct impact on the game being played in Washington?

second part for op

(forgive me if im incorrect as i didnt check accuracy but) how has Pittsburgh lost any home games ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad