Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps Post Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was not even suspension material. Oshie ran into Malkin, that's all. Just loons crying conspiricy because it's the Penguins and any time they look at someone they want 30 game suspension. HF is where brain cells go to die.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I keep going back to that Wilson on Dumoulin hit.

It’s exactly the same. Malkin 100% knew what he was doing and part of why I love Malkin is because he did that.

That being said DOPS can’t prove ****. Malkin has a clear defense.

I think he knew what he was doing and got the elbow tucked.

I also think he expected Oshie to hit him.

If Oshie doesn't come right at him like that and Malkin still makes contact, different story perhaps.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Truth be told Oshie is like Kasparitis to me. Hated Kaspar with a total passion right up until Craig Patrick traded for him. Oshie, Horny . . . you build close teams and win cups with guys like that.
Yeah he's a guy you love if he's on your team, hate if he isn't.

Unlike Wilson who you would just hate because he's such a selfish dumb player, even if he can play hockey.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I keep going back to that Wilson on Dumoulin hit.

It’s exactly the same. Malkin 100% knew what he was doing and part of why I love Malkin is because he did that.

That being said DOPS can’t prove ****. Malkin has a clear defense.

How are those hits the same? Wilson was skating at Dumoulin to hit him. Oshie is coming at Malkin on this one.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I was really hoping the Pens would sign Oshie in 2017 when his contract was going UFA but WSH signed him up.

Same for Marchand before BOS re-upped him.

Both total turds to play against. But gawtdahm, would love em. Cause they both have actual skill too. But man, everyone would HATE the Pens if they had either of those guys running around.

Reactions: KIRK and Peat

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How are those hits the same? Wilson was skating at Dumoulin to hit him. Oshie is coming at Malkin on this one.

Wilson technically wasn’t at fault for that hit. He was going towards the play and Ovie mixing it up with Dumo caused it to be a more vicious hit. Wilson 100% made it a more vicious hit. Same context here, Oshie is coming at Malkin, Malkin sees it and purposely makes it a more vicious hit, but he isn’t at fault for that.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Truth be told Oshie is like Kasparitis to me. Hated Kaspar with a total passion right up until Craig Patrick traded for him. Oshie, Horny . . . you build close teams and win cups with guys like that.

Oshie needs to grow his hair out and perfect Kaspar’s look of shock/surprise/disbelief when caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Yeah 71 knew what he was doing; it was really a watered down version of Neal’s occasional “bracing” and shouldering someone preparing to check him from behind.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oshie’s the guy whose face you want to punch repeatedly and it’s really hard for me not to sympathize with any desire on Geno’s part to smack him down a little bit....

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Every player is gonna sell sell sell that.

Just sucks it was THAT player again and he goes and scores later. Just. Of f***ing course lol

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I love RW’s rants—he goes off on another one today, tearing into Rutherford for his comments—the poster who said JR shouldn’t complain because he made the bed would love this one....

He’s not wrong...

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - Glass houses, Jim

Oh good grief.

I mean, nothing else apart, if he thinks Rutherford is talking rubbish with his comments, I just don't know what to say. There's a case for asking Rutherford about what his share of blame is too, but to say there isn't a large amount of truth in his comments? Wow. And I'm 99.9% sure I could find posts from you (or just about any other poster here) querying the players' effort so far this season.

Also, the idea that this is solely down to roster construction? How many people were calling this happening before the season, how many people were seriously worried? Compared to the number of people excited for what we could do with this group of players? I'm not saying that there were no questions at all - but a belief we were headed for this? Its 20/20 hindsight.

And if you're saying that a roster is bad in 20/20 hindsight, you've got to ask to what degree its actually bad or actually underperforming. Particularly when it demonstrates that it can perform to a high level when trying hard.

I could go on and on (no mention of Hagelin's play last season when talking about his level of play here? Saying Horny pads his stats when next to the two-headed monster without looking at the difference he makes to their stats?) but its a bad argument for a bad position.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Oshie is borderline dirty and dives a lot. Him, Ovechkin and Wilson shouldn't be compared with any of our players in terms of edgy/dirty play.

Hornqvist is edgy, but well within the rules, you don't see him throwing much, if any, questionable hits or embellish the same way, if ever, like Oshie.
Oshie is a cheater tbh.

I think Horny went overboard with crosschecks to Vatanen's face the other game, but you don't see something like this from him often.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
According to Caps fans, the onus is on Malkin to get out of Oshie’s way...
considering they've tirelessly defended Wilson's illegal hits, they're not the best authorities on what's clean and what's dirty in this league and who's really at fault in situations like this.

their assessment comes in the form of one question: "Did a Caps guy do it?" if the answer is yes, it's clean. if not, it's dirty.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I don't agree. Cup in '16 after enormous changes, '17 wasn't much different.

Not trying to be rude, just saying I don't agree. I think the probable changes will help. Cause right now it's just not working.

Changes by GMJR or by HCMS?

Cause I'm in agreement if you mean GMJR.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
On one hand you have to be semi-happy with how dominant the Pens were against the Isles last Tuesday and how dominant they were tonight, right? Like... that is good, right?

But then they get 0 points. :laugh: I don't get it.

True. But they say a good team finds a way to win, and the opposite of that.

Last night we saw a nervous team that has zero confidence. Played well, yes. But man, everyone was gripping their stick too hard, some guys were shooting just for shooting sake, etc.

And OMF I'm still irritated by how they tried to exit the zone way too soon just before the losing goal.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
True. But they say a good team finds a way to win, and the opposite of that.

Last night we saw a nervous team that has zero confidence. Played well, yes. But man, everyone was gripping their stick too hard, some guys were shooting just for shooting sake, etc.

And OMF I'm still irritated by how they tried to exit the zone way too soon just before the losing goal.
I dunno. They just got some awful bounces, posts... the puck just wouldn't go in. I thought they played teriffic (besides the penalties).

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->