GDT: Pens Caps, no one cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We lost 6-0 at home to the worst incarnation of the Capitals in 15 years.

I could have imagined many kinds of embarrassments, for this game too, but not quite this.
They’re actually a much better team than in years past because they embrace the younger players coming up. Sullivan doesn’t trust younger guys and won’t play them if he has the choice.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
How many more times am I going to see a player get their 1st goal of the season against the Penguins?

I swear it’s become a regular event!

Clearly nobody showed up for this game.

Reactions: farscape1

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We lost 6-0 at home to the worst incarnation of the Capitals in 15 years.

I could have imagined many kinds of embarrassments, for this game too, but not quite this.
throw it on with the 4-0 blown lead to the deadwings last season.
or the play off eliminating trouncing at the hands of the tanking Hawks.

"you can't tank with Sidney Crosby, he's too good and will prevent that!"

6-0 Capitals.

Yeah, we can tank just fine with the core here
with that ownership, management team, coaching staff and Jarri ....... tanking should be a breeze

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
throw it on with the 4-0 blown lead to the deadwings last season.
or the play off eliminating trouncing at the hands of the tanking Hawks.

with that ownership, management team, coaching staff and Jarri ....... tanking should be a breeze
Let's not forget losing to a truly lousy Blackhawks team on opening night...
Losing to Anaheim on a shorthanded breakaway in the final minutes

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Just f****g lol that the 10th-20th best player at his position who is only on the ice 35% of the time is going to save a roster that is old, talentless, or both. Before even getting into goaltending issues and a staff that is stale.

This team will generate a top 5 pick next year and the year after. If Sid doesn't want to be a part of it, he can ask out.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
And the post-game crew is still blathering on about competing for a playoff spot, the injuries really hurt the Pens tonight, the trade deadline distracted them, blah, blah, blah. I understand that they have to spout the FSG party line, but c'mon. Just watching the player interviews tells anyone with a functioning brain that this team is dead and buried

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
And the post-game crew is still blathering on about competing for a playoff spot, the injuries really hurt the Pens tonight, the trade deadline distracted them, blah, blah, blah. I understand that they have to spout the FSG party line, but c'mon. Just watching the player interviews tells anyone with a functioning brain that this team is dead and buried
Era basically ended with a final stamp last Saturday night with Letang’s final braindead play of the night.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Sullivan presser

" I thought at times we were the better team out there"
"We needed to be pro active not reactive"
"We are struggling with our consistency"
As yes, that old chestnut “consistency” the thing that so many veteran teams always struggle with in their eighth f***ing year under the same coach.

It’s a real shame it’s come to this. MS was coach of some of the best teams in Pens history. Most cups of any franchise coach. And yet, I’m going to go the rest of my life gritting my teeth when I hear his name. He gave us some of our best moments and should be revered. Instead I’m always going to remember him as the man who was at the helm when this team turned into moldy vomit, and whose ego and rep were more important to our owners than trying to squeeze the last attempts at glory out of this core

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So, what are the positives tonight from MS?

f***ing bunch of losers FSG, GET f***ING RID OF HIM NOW!!!
His excuse was literally that the players are human and so you can expect it because of the trade deadline.

Apparently the Pens are the only team that has to deal with the TDL.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
His excuse was literally that the players are human and so you can expect it because of the trade deadline.

Apparently the Pens are the only team that has to deal with the TDL.
Yep, the Caps just traded two players off their roster lol…no excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad