Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I second this. Willy and Kuzy have shown some offensive chemistry in the past and Wilson adds defensive ability. Plus, even though Ovie doesn’t hit like the old days, a line with 8 and 43 on the wings is heavy and intimidating and could make life tough for D men.

That said, I’ve been impressed with DSP this season. He has not done anything to earn a demotion.

I don’t think a move needs to be made immediately since they are scoring but I’m not really sold on 8-92-25 being a very good line over the long run. Their possession numbers are putrid and will eventually catch up with them.

I like DSP’s energy but I think in the long run he might be best acclimated in a 4th line role.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
There are decisions to be made. You have Walker, Graovac, Connolly and Chiasson. You can only keep two.
It's not an easy decision, but there's a case to be made to keep Walker. His tenacity and speed on the forecheck is valuable.
Walker has some speed but his forechecking hasn't impressed me. He doesn't appear to be strong on the boards either.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t think a move needs to be made immediately since they are scoring but I’m not really sold on 8-92-25 being a very good line over the long run. Their possession numbers are putrid and will eventually catch up with them.

I like DSP’s energy but I think in the long run he might be best acclimated in a 4th line role.

I would like to see them settle on Chiasson/Walker - Beagle - DSP once Burakovsky comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->