Post-Game Talk: Pens/Canes plus/minus 10.28.2013

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Have those "Austin Mahone" McDonald's commercials basically been sapping the life force of anyone else? I already have the volume very low because of Steigy but now I just have it on straight-up mute. Just ****ing demoralizing.

I put "Austin Mahone" in quotes because I'm not convinced that he is a thing that exists.

YES. I was surprised to hear that he is apparently an actual singer. Something about him getting admitted to hospital for a sore throat and having to cancel some shows. Hm, maybe next he'll be felled by "exhaustion".

Seriously McDonald's - use more than one commercial. This is what caused me to boycott ScotiaBank.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Am I the only person that megna impressed more last night then Bennett ever has?

I certainly hope you are.

Megna had one good game. Bennett has had many of those and also does everything so incredibly well. He is already one of the most complete players on the team.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Have those "Austin Mahone" McDonald's commercials basically been sapping the life force of anyone else? I already have the volume very low because of Steigy but now I just have it on straight-up mute. Just ****ing demoralizing.

I put "Austin Mahone" in quotes because I'm not convinced that he is a thing that exists.
Mother of God, I hate that commercial

Every time I hear "I can biscuit" I want to introduce that ******** ********ing mother****er to a ****ing 9 iron. Who in their right mind would create that ****ing steaming pile of **** and play it so often that people want to gouge out their damn eyes and eardrums

I feel like Sam Jackson on brain detail :rant:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like that commercial.

Damn. Not quite the trollfest response I was hoping for. Yeah that commercial is annoying.

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The Austin Mahone McDonalds commercial seems like the most agreeable minus on here in quite some time. :laugh:

I like that commercial.

I guess not. :laugh:

I've seen the commercial but I really don't pay attention to commercials. I have the tv on mute when they're on and am usually talking to other people in the room during the break.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
that commercial is the James Neal of commercials.

Kind of creepy and annoying, but you know it's scoring with the ladies, and it'll eventually grow on you.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Sadly he is real. Born in 1996 so he's 17 which makes me feel old.

With Scuderi out injured you can guarantee that Niskanen won't be traded now. At least not until the deadline.

Martin-Orpik
Letang-Niskanen
Maatta-Bortuzzo
Engelland

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And the craziest / most important thing of all is it seems Disco actually has a little bit of a chub for the kid as well so maybe he will actually get a fair shake.

So very rare to see Bylsma like a guy who is rather skilled.

Seeing guys who are playing well get shots w/ Sid is refreshing. If he treated Beau the same, I'd say it's a new day for Bylsma.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Of course you can. It is a righty and lefty, both with enough physical ability as well as hockey ability that they can trust each other while also having eachother's backs. You have the anticipation of Maatta, you have the snarl of Bortuzzo, both of them are unsure enough of their positions that they rarely ever slack while both of them are ambitious and young enough that they jump into offensive plays whenever they can. Just like the Despres/Bortuzzo duo we all wanted last year, this duo has the complementing qualities we should be always desirous to put together.

There's a distinct lack of, "Carry me, D partner!"

YES. I was surprised to hear that he is apparently an actual singer. Something about him getting admitted to hospital for a sore throat and having to cancel some shows. Hm, maybe next he'll be felled by "exhaustion".

Seriously McDonald's - use more than one commercial. This is what caused me to boycott ScotiaBank.

He's seriously a real person... that's horrible. I thought McDonalds was just using a spoof Bieber because they couldn't get the real one (I may have originally thought it was Bieber). Satan demands that his voice be fine.

Seeing guys who are playing well get shots w/ Sid is refreshing. If he treated Beau the same, I'd say it's a new day for Bylsma.

I'd say it was the end of the world. It's nice to see though, it feels like actual progress. Baby steps and all that, having a couple good rookies recently has probably helped.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Thankfully, the Carolina feed didn't have those. It's mostly steak commercials and dudes beating the tar out of each other. I much prefer both to Mr "I can biscuit."

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
And the craziest / most important thing of all is it seems Disco actually has a little bit of a chub for the kid as well so maybe he will actually get a fair shake.

So very rare to see Bylsma like a guy who is rather skilled.

Megna, like Kunitz, is an undrafted player. That's not to say he isn't skilled, but that might be part of the appeal.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
tumblr_mvfcfvTnqf1ry7v0ro1_1280.jpg

I'm sure it was a great moment for Megna... but, :laugh:.

It makes how long it took Glass to score a goal as a Pen even funnier...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad