GDT: Pens at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I've said it before but the one thing i do like with this potential squad is it's ability to get in on the forecheck.

Albeit, this is pre-season and i don't like Glass/Adams together on the 4th line but lines 1 thru 3 should be a very good forechecking unit with Iginla and Morrow gone and Kobasew hopefully sticking, Bennett being a permanent fixture and so on.

Thats why i really like Zolniercyk and Vitale on the 4th. They won't pound you into the glass but they'll make you work to get the puck up the ice every shift.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That was before scuderi was signed

So we're paying Niskanen 2.3M to be a #5 on a team with 3 young players for the bottom pair (Borts, Dumoulin, Despres). Yep, as RRP likes to say, I love our patient GM. :laugh:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I've said it before but the one thing i do like with this potential squad is it's ability to get in on the forecheck.

Yep other than the crappy fourth line I really like how our top nine is shaping up. Plenty of speed and skill. I feel like we lost a bit of that identity with all those slow as molasses players Shero picked up at the deadline.

Our blueline is more mobile too. Even Engelland has decent speed for a bruiser.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
Seriously has there been a time where Juice hasn't played great for the Pens? It seems to me he's been this way since he was acquired.
Of all our deadline pickups last year, he was the one who fit our north-south style of hockey the best and then he was utilized the least by our coaching staff in the Playoffs.:laugh:
If he sticks on the 2nd line, I can see him having a career year on ES points (20g 21a was his best in 09-10)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Seriously has there been a time where Juice hasn't played great for the Pens? It seems to me he's been this way since he was acquired.
Of all our deadline pickups last year, he was the one who fit our north-south style of hockey the best and then he was utilized the least by our coaching staff in the Playoffs.:laugh:
If he sticks on the 2nd line, I can see him having a career year on ES points (20g 21a was his best in 09-10)

The problem with Juice always has been that he's really, really streaky. If the other parts of his game stay like they can be, then it won't be as big a deal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Bylsma loves to find ways to sabotage the team, Shero seems to not care which is why he is staying for 3 more years.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The **** Errey. Refusing to say that Beau could play on the top line unless someone gets hurt? What the **** is wrong with this organization.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bit too much chasing on this PK for my liking. No Glass is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->