GDT: Pens at Habs Wed Dec 13 7PMest

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Stupid freakin' turnovers.

That, and Montreal can skate.

Is that what he used to do? as oppose to these stupid stretch passes to the oponent>

What I was getting at is that if he was allowed to skate up the ice more, there wouldn't be as many turned over long stretch passes, or even stretches that don't connect/tip-ins. And there would be more offense. You can see it when he rounds the net with the puck. Last year, he would be exploding up ice, this year he's easier to forecheck because he's trying to pick out a pass while not accelerating.

ECHL coaches would be able to figure this stuff out. It's crazy that Sullivan can't.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
What I was getting at is that if he was allowed to skate up the ice more, there wouldn't be as many turned over long stretch passes, or even stretches that don't connect/tip-ins. And there would be more offense. You can see it when he rounds the net with the puck. Last year, he would be exploding up ice, this year he's easier to forecheck because he's trying to pick out a pass while not accelerating.

ECHL coaches would be able to figure this stuff out. It's crazy that Sullivan can't.
I mean turnovers in general, Karlsson wasn't the only one.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I mean turnovers in general, Karlsson wasn't the only one.

The reason there are too many turnovers in general is because the support isn't there. The forwards bolt up past centre ice and force all the D to make long passes. It's no surprise the best breakouts and entries they have are when they make shorter passes to a guy going with some speed. That's breakouts 101.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The reason there are too many turnovers in general is because the support isn't there. The forwards bolt up past centre ice and force all the D to make long passes. It's no surprise the best breakouts and entries they have are when they make shorter passes to a guy going with some speed. That's breakouts 101.

That's part of it, but there are dead giveaways off the sticks from just about everyone from end to end.

You are trying to isolate too much.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

He has to play within the system too. Sullivan doesn’t even like it when our forwards try and beat a guy one on one in the offensive zone. Why would he encourage EK to try and beat two or 3 guys coming from our end of the ice?

For the most part, our team doesn’t have too many issues with entries 5v5. Where EK would help the team most is by being the late guy for when Sid or Geno do their little curl up move at the half wall. It worked a couple of time this earlier in the season. But EK was taking the puck closer to the net instead of automatically looking to pass off like he is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad